Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] CF Vendor keeps going to previous location on placement

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Xee, May 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

5/17/2018 7:07 AM
    Title: CF Vendor keeps going to previous location on placement
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?
    Details:Moving CF Vendor from One location to new, keeps teleporting back to old. To get it back I have to remove my house so it goes back to the bank.
    Steps to Reproduce:place vendor at once location. pickup and move to another.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16269
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01c_template/Silverdale Market
    Area Display Name: Silverdale Market
    Loc: (58.8, 39.2, 238.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxY190ZW1wbGF0ZXxTaWx2ZXJkYWxlIE1hcmtldHwoNTguODQ3LCAzOS4xODMsIDIzOC4yNTMpfCgwLCAtMC42MzYsIDAsIC0wLjc3Mil8NzcuNzg0MTJ8MjEuNzM0MzR8Ni44MTY1Nzk=

Beaumaris likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I don't think I understand. Why would it snapping back to the old location make you have to remove your house?
    I checked your lot and I couldn't find a CF Vendor. It says you have two NPCs placed. But I only see the servant...
    There are two PoT NPCs that are wandering on to your lot. If you move them back away from your property, does this issue still occur? My line of thinking is that somehow they are getting in the way of your NPC limit.
    @Xee

3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I've positioned CF vendors before where they would snap back to their original location.
    It seemed to do this when I was placing the vendor too close to something else with its own area of influence, like a tree or something.
    Stepping farther out, away from other objects, to place the vendor discontinued the issue. Alternatively, removing the other object, then replacing it later, also helped.

4. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Here is what is happening. If I have a Cf vendor at one of my locations in Silverdale, and I put up a new location and take down my vendor from the one and place it on the new it places for .5 seconds then vanishes to the previous.
    I found that if I waited abit it seems to at some point teleport back to the new placed location. I narrowed it down to what I think is the inactive code which seems to have an update cycle timer. until that timer is refreshed it will be in the original location. I can't fully verify that but that should give you the information needed to see what is going on. If you like I can show you next time you are on and I am.

Thanks.
    Gov Xee

5. Lexie

FYI, there was a change where if you use magic movers it intentionally keeps your vendor at the old location. I mention it because I think it may be related to your bug. Are you using magic movers? I just need I make sure I understand what you mean by "put up a new location" for our repro in the bug report. Thank you.

6. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Was not using magic mover, just picking up vendor from one location and placing on new location. It would then teleport back to the old location. I can log in now and show you if you like.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  7. Lexie

Ah, okay. Meeting in game is sometimes hard to coordinate (although it does sometimes happen). I don't see you online.
    If you can post here the /loc from where it is now (where it snaps back to) I'll include it in the above /loc information on where you are trying to place it...
    Issues like this are often hard to repro so I want to make sure I get all the details. That should be enough. Thank you.

@Xee

8. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I'm in game now, see you are on the way. I can attempt to show you with my less full merchant what happens.

9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

So basically any vendor if you pick up and put into inventory then go to place it on another property near it places but then teleports to the previous location. I dont think it stays there forever as I found that either from logging out or exit zone and back sometimes it then snaps back to where it should be. I am pretty sure it does it when it checks the inventory dates to tell the npc to stand etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.