Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Character Equipment Broken After Repair/Logout

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Drilikath, Jan 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

1/17/2018 8:07 PM
    Title:Character Equipment is damaged after i repaired it 100% and logged out and back in
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?
    Details:I repaired all my equipment, have not been in a single fight/action, logged out and came back in and my stuff is now damaged.
    Steps to Reproduce:Repair items, log out, log back in.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-9370 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16284
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 GPU RAM: 4060
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.716.Date.12.19.17
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-338.4, 14.3, 308.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgtMzM4LjQxNywgMTQuMjg1LCAzMDguODUpfCgwLCAtMC45NTcsIDAsIC0wLjI5KXwxNDYuMzE0OHwzNi40MTAyMXw0MA==

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you're the second person i've seen reporting this. maybe if you two compare notes we can figure out what's different.

3. kazeookami

kazeookami Avatar

I was in Discord with Drilikath all three times he noticed his gear mysteriously getting damaged. I was not beside him in the game but from listening to him this is what the story was from what I heard as things were happening.

This started right around the 14th or 15th but at the time the problem was not as blatantly obvious. After fighting the big troll, he died. When he went to res, it showed his big food buffs gone so he logged out then logged back in to see if the buffs were wiped or not. The buffs were back but then his equipment was damaged. He was excessively angry but chalked it up to "maybe the troll just hits that dang hard" at that time. He then got his gear repaired and went to fight the troll some more the next day. Went back to our guild town then logged out for a couple hours and logged back into broken gear again. Same sort of thing.. thought maybe it was the troll but was wondering why he didn't get the broken gear warning until after he logged back in.

But yesterday there was no combat involved. He repaired his stuff while in guild town, did a couple hours of crafting, then went to another player town to fetch stuff that had been abandoned there for months. He got lost in that player town and could not find the exit. So he logged out then back in to use the menu to ahem cheat by going to the world map. And when he got back in.. broken gear. Never fought anything yesterday before that.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I've just replied to the other poster...so far reinstalling the game seems to have stopped the issue.
    @Drilikath2015 did you log out (and zone) while dead?

I recommend doing this: "See if you can keep track of your durability numbers when logging out, and then check again upon log in. At least, as a temporary measure. There are two numbers with a / between them. The second number is your overall durability. It would be good to watch and know both numbers as well." What kind of combat do you tend to partake in, melee ranged or maybe magic?

Pulled from this post below. Alley is right, we need to find out more details only because there is something we are missing here, which would be vital in knowing for a fix.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...reaking-while-offline-bug.107880/#post-931748

5. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

I melee fight with a pole arm, I repaired everything three times, logged out and came back into the game separate times in three days and now every time i log in its all being damaged, i will try and log in and track this problem with screenshots, but having to spend all this money on repair kits has caused me to never want to play.

I was fighting in ravensmoore, died from some latency issues, and i did zone when i died not on purpose but i swam the wrong direction and was zoned, recalled back to my house, and logged out for the night. Upon logging in everything was broken. I repaired it all, ran to estgard to retrieve my items from the bank there, logged out, came back in, went to the map, i proceeded to walk from estgard back to my home, upon logging in that time, i got the broken weapon and armor images, I repaired everything This morning and took screenshots.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  6. Drilikath

Drilikath Avatar

Also on a side not, when logging off/In i have a weird issue with my Rule Britannia Sheet Music leaving the hot bar slot that it is in, it is still in my inventory but it just magically disappears from the slot it was in.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

the sheet music issue is known: 42989

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.