Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Pooled Exp going down with only one skill with a green triangle

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by RollTide, May 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide Avatar

5/3/2018 6:19 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 8147
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GPU RAM: 2997
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: Novia_R11_Hills01_ElysiumMines
    Area Display Name: Elysium Mines
    Loc: (-125.8, -4.9, 97.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjExX0hpbGxzMDFfRWx5c2l1bU1pbmVzfHwoLTEyNS44MzIsIC00Ljk0NywgOTcuNjYzKXwoMCwgLTAuMjk0LCAwLCAwLjk1Nil8NDczLjQyMTl8MzUuNTg5NTN8Ni42NDEwNDU=

2. Sabinn

Sabinn Avatar

Question: When using that skill it is going down? Try changing it to NOT green arrow and inform if it is also still going down. If it is, might be a second green arrow you missed?

Also, you didn't really detail the copy paste block explaining anything you did to mitigate a false positive or what skill it is that is doing this, active or passive, etc. Details are important. Your entry is vague and is more a observation without explanation of what or why.

Lexie and Trihugger like this.
  3. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

@RollTide - A lot of what @Sabinn said is really important to narrowing down issues.

One thing to keep in mind is that your skills consume vastly more experience the higher in level they are. So, for instance, a skill set to gain in the 40's while you're killing things may still show a net gain in pooled experience but when it's in the 60's you may actually be at a deficit killing the same monsters. I used to have a link to a experience chart that I have long since lost when I built my new computer, but suffice to say that it takes ~4-5k experience to get a "1x" skill to 40, but 180k total experience to get the same skill to 80. As a rule of thumb, passive skills take more experience than active skills.

Lexie likes this.
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yes, I would do two things:

1) Double check to make sure everything else is indeed locked (an innate in another tree could be at a high number now, as explained above). It can only take one. Intelligence and Strength are two that will really start to consume a lot if left unchecked.
    2) Look at the one skill you have set to level. What is it? What level is it at? While it is taking your pooled xp, it is taking a lot and converting that same amount into skill progress. Locking it may be your best bet until you have a larger xp pool you feel like using.

But as others have said, it is possible to only have one skill open and still lose from the pool. It is also taking your xp gained while killing mobs, so it must be one doozy of a skill.

@RollTide

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.