Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] POT, game freeze on login and freezing when logged in the moment I move.

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Beazlebob, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beazlebob

Beazlebob Avatar

5/15/2018 8:10 PM
    Title: Game is broken.

Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?

Details: if in my home town, Player Owned Town on login, game freezes the moment I move, I go away and come back half an hour later and it is still "not responding". Happens on many highly populated POT's , seems not to be a problem on little tinpot POT's, that have fewer vendors.
    Same thing occurs every time I try to resume.
    I can "Start on world map", but the loading screen freezes anytime I try to get back into town.
    I can recall back into town on most occasions, but occasionally the loading screen will freeze when recalling.

Similar thing is happening in places like owl's head, but anyone would expect that they could cause problem due to their size and the amount of crap on display.

Steps to Reproduce: Boot the game, and try to play.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 8085
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (127.8, 12.1, 107.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgxMjcuODE5LCAxMi4wNTEsIDEwNi45NzcpfCgwLCAtMC45OTksIDAsIDAuMDM0KXwxMjguNjMwNHwzNy45MDM0OHwyMA==

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

What have you tried so far to resolve this? Things like a fresh install of the game as well as updating video drivers are very important to know. It's not just playing the game...most players don't experience what you are describing and are able to at least move without crashing.

@beeazlebob

3. Beazlebob

Beazlebob Avatar

It seems not to be an issue currently since windows 10 updated the other day, but other people I know are now having the problem that I am no longer having.
    In fact one of my friends only started experiencing the problem immediately after downloading and installing the latest video drivers.
    I have a suspicion that it is somehow connected with towns that have vendors that were modified with the new skins that were introduced, because it only seems to be happening in towns that have them.

Lexie if I have to uninstal this game to fix the problem, ... then I will not be installing it again, and I will be recommending that other do not bother buying it.

Not one of the other games I have installed on my computer suffer from any problem like this.

What is needed is some programmers who know their stuff, and don't just sit around designing more and more pointless fluff, and useless bling.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.