Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed]Ranged Combat and new 5 skill heat mode

Discussion in 'Release 42 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Duke Gréagóir, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

1. Title: Ranged skills cannot use new heat
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: Aimed Shot, Disabling Shot, and Blinding shot are not able to be used with the 5 shot heat mode.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: put locked glyph on your combat bar. Use skill l. Wait normal time before using again.
    6. User Specs:
    Win 10. Nvidia 960m 2gb, i7 laptop

Aimed Shot, Disabling Shot, and Blinding shot are not able to be used with the 5 shot heat mode.

Can they be?

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I can't get any of my skills to work in heat mode. Using them applies heat, but they do not become available again until their normal cooldown is up, so cannot be used before the heat is long gone. Aimed Shot, Disabling Shot, Fire Arrow, Stone Arrow, Ire Arrow, Rapid Fire, Root, Flurry, Healing Touch, Chaos Bolt. None of them can be used multiple times in heat mode. They sure do consume focus a lot faster tho.

FrostII likes this.
  3. Browncoat Jayson

Also, the charged glyph system isn't working for these. I know Chris said is was a consideration, but if its supposed to be in, its not working.

FrostII likes this.
  4. Duke Gréagóir

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Test further, please. I'll want to submit a very detailed report of those findings if something is still amiss. Some of this is just getting used to the new style (myself included).
    @Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  6. Duke Gréagóir

My testing shows that it will work with Aim Shot, Disabling Shot, and Blinding shot, only if you use 4 out of 5 glyphs. Once I add the 5th glyph it turns into the normal locked cards with the cool down.

[​IMG]

7. Browncoat Jayson

I got it working. What you need to do is remove ALL of the glyphs from the list on the right, except the few you want to deal out to your slots. So in @Duke Gréagóir example, only the three glyphs assigned to slot 4 (in whatever numbers you want). Everything else needs to be REMOVED, or you can't use them repeatedly in the locked slots either.

This makes is a real PITA to use a mixed deck, but if you want a fully locked bar, just remove EVERYTHING from the right and lock one of each glyph you want to use below. You can then use them the number of times you could normally draw them in the deck (up to 5).

I'll play with a mixed deck tonight and see what I can do. So far... damage is fairly decent, but focus costs are a huge negative. Perhaps I'm just not used to being able to use glyphs this often, but I seem to have to spend more of the combat dropping back to charged shot than anything. Plus, no stacking (and charged glyph isn't working/not implemented) so no mana saving/extra damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.