Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] smelting stations stopped working

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Joenne, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joenne

Joenne Avatar

Helo, on any smelting station i cant smelt anything, i have the recepy but cant click the craft button.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Joenne
    Can you make sure you have all the required items including the tool? I suspect your smelting tongs may be broken and need to be repaired. When this is the case, the crafting button will not light up.
    You want to make sure your equipped tool has durability. If you don't have one equipped, you can right click the item in your inventory.
    What are you trying to smelt and what is your proficiency level (not skill level)

I think we can figure this out :)

3. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

4. Lexie

@GreyMouser Skye Misunderstandings of the game mechanics is something that happens. I'm waiting for the OP's feedback so we can confirm what happened and help with their specific problem.
    With your post, I believe the suggestion was to add an additional UI for the repair tool in the crafting UI to indicate that it is broken. That would be adding on to the design, not something that was there before and no longer working.
    The duplicates situation was a whole different matter, I assure you. Very different situation indeed. This is not something the OP would have been able to connect to another post as they suspect their station is broken.

I genuinely think people underplay and underestimate the importance of the feedback/suggestions forums. And honestly, I wish more people would take advantage of it.
    The R44 feedback section has 130 discussions and 889 posts, currently.
    The bug section has 886 discussions and 3,000 posts. It's a misleading number of huge proportions as I pretty much know what each post is about (almost!)
    If it was matters like this that was the 'duplicate' problem I assure you we would not have had a problem to begin with.

I send people to the suggestions/feedback for improvements not to dismiss or can their improvement suggestions, but to help them get what they want to see accomplished. I suspect a part of the problem is I reply a lot here so people assume their input isn't reviewed if they don't get a dev response. But I think people would really be surprised what is brought up that was originally found in suggestions.

5. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

@Lexie I understand, but I think we are talking about two different things.
    First, this is just about crafting, and not about changing the UI, just making one part not disappear. The tool shows clearly its durability all the way till it is broken. So just continue this already designed feature to show a zero secondary durability. There was a (1/91) just one attempt earlier, show (0/91) now and all will be clear. No additional UI, use what is there.
    Sending my report to the R43 archive while it was an R44 post is a different matter.
    I consider this crafting oversight (it used to show it was broken before but I cannot prove that) a generator of duplicate bugs, therefore critical to fix to make things easier for you!

6. Lexie

@GreyMouser Skye
    Sorry for the delay, QA server and all :D
    I want to absolutely make sure we're talking about the same thing. Can you possibly send me a screenshot highlighting what part you are seeing. I'm seeing durability at all places where it shows durability now (whether it is a o+1 value, or 0).
    You can PM me if you like.

7. Joenne

Joenne Avatar

Sorry for the late response, i saw no durabiliry at my crafting tool, i relogged and then i saw 0/99 on it, so indeed it was broken, but because i did not see the 0/99 i tought it was a bug.

Kind regards,

Joenne

8. Joenne

Joenne Avatar

I just looked at the pics greymouser did send awhile back, and it looked the same to me, so when its broken it should say somerhing like tool broken, no recipies.
    And not the tool with nothing but the no recipies as a suggestion? It makes it more clear that the tool is broken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.