Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info needed] Target dodges every shot

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by Barugon, Jul 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

7/3/2017 5:35 PM
    Title: Target dodges every shot.
    Reproduction Rate: 10% maybe?
    Blocker? No.
    Details: Sometimes, I'll get into a situation where a target will dodge all my shots (ranged). I'm on flat ground with my target when this happens. It lasts for a few seconds then clears. I think it might be related to a debuff from my summoned Will-O-Wisp.
    Steps to Reproduce: Just summon a Will-O-Wisp and fight some mobs.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core Processor (16) System RAM: 32164
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 8192
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Linux.64.623.Date.07.03.17
    Area: Novia_R2_Hills01_CragFoothills
    Area Display Name: Crag Foothills
    Loc: (75.7, 58.7, 131.4)

Tiina Onir likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm still getting this issue. I'm not really sure if it's the Will-O-Wisp but it definitely needs some attention.

3. null2

null2 Avatar

Barugon likes this.
  4. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

They can cast dodge on themselves now. It's not a bug. It last for 30 seconds, just like player dodge.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Attenwood

OK, I was out fighting Elder Wolves and Obsidian Wolves and this happens about 50% of the time (so wolves are a much better repro case). I would engage the wolf and the first shot or two (ranged) would do some damage. Then, it appeared to me, the AI would decide for the wolf to turn and walk away and then, from that point, all shots are dodged for 10 to 15 seconds even if the wolf decides to again turn around and attack me (which was like every time). At this point, there's nothing to do but run around and avoid getting hit as much as possible until the bug wears off.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    liz_the_wiz likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is not the Dodged message (white text) you get when a mob actually dodges your attack. This is the Dodged message (gray text) that you get when you're in a position where you are not allowed to attack the mob. This is on flat ground where the mob could easily path to me.

7. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I think we need to try to narrow down what is going on here in terms of the exact reproducible steps. Even with a willow wisp, I cannot repro. The only time I see this is when the NPC is hiding behind something (even if it is small, like a lamp post.) but those are all line of sight issues. If I submit this with what we have now I'm pretty sure we won't get to the bottom of what you are seeing. I'm looking for a 100% repro rate steps.
    That linked issue is related to Elf fire mages not necessarily Crag Foothills mobs: 47068 where they would also sometimes shoot after death and other general odd behavior - seemed network issue related. That bug remains open.

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Try Elder Wolves and Obsidian Wolves. I can reproduce at least 50% on those.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  9. weryhard

weryhard Avatar

its an old bug.İ cant use my fire spells on the top of rocks to downside enemies.I saw archer's can hit on youtube.Please fix this.If it isnt bug what is the reason to be ''range'' spells

10. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Barugon I get this on Lana, ranged shots many a time if the mob has decided to turn away from you its all but guaranteed you'll be throwing your best at it and it dodges everything. Wolves are bad for this as they like to turn and run at the end..

Barugon likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is not an old bug. It's started in R43. The behavior that you're talking about is intended - if a mob can't reach you or attack you with some sort of ranged attack then you're not allowed to attack that mob either.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

This is still a problem on QA.

13. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

14. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

And it's still a problem on QA, so I guess it'll still be a problem on the live server tomorrow.

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@Lexie
    Below is a video showing the issue (which still exists in R44). In the video, I jump on a rock, which triggers leashing behavior in the elf fighter. I then immediately get off of the rock, the elf fighter turns around and attacks me again but all my shots are dodged for a few seconds. I can easily reproduce this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.