Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Info Needed]unable to close chat window

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by Barbarian King, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbarian King

Barbarian King Avatar

my conversation with the oracle has been one way, and yet she won't let me go as i can't close the chat window.

plenty of goodbyes doesn't seem to awaken her from her fixation on my awesomeness.

Kara Brae likes this.
  2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Unable to repro this. Please post a screenshot if you can. Note that if the Oracle is asking you a question, you have to answer, goodbye will not work (although ESC will)

3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

The described phenomenon happened to me more than once on the QA server, and just now it happened with the Oracle. Typing or clicking on keywords in the new chat window elicited no response from her and Goodbye would not close the window. I had to close the window with ESC. Upon initiating a new conversation with her, she reacted normally, so this is a sporadic occurrence that can only be repro'd by accident.

The conversation log in the regular chat window:

[​IMG]

Hermetic likes this.
  4. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

My avatar is with the oracle in Kingsport right now. I double-click on her and she won't respond to anything. Not the key words, whether typed or clicked on, or anything. Clicking on 'goodbye' doesn't close the window and when I use the escape key to close the window and try again, as mentioned above, it still won't work. I even quit back to the menu and logged in to Kingsport again and no change.

/edit: There is no network icon in the upper right of the screen so that isn't the problem.

5. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

I had to quit the game and restart and resume to get it to work.

6. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

Kara Brae likes this.
  7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are not seeing this issue when testing on latest. NPCs correctly respond and close their conversations as expected. Possible network issue. You ought to always be able to exit from these conversations from Esc at the very least.

Could you reverify and provide more information for us to look into this further?

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.