Inn, Rooms and object placement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by holzpapa, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holzpapa

holzpapa Avatar

Hi, i get myself an village inn and wanted to know if the people i give an room share the same internal object placement limit that i have on the whole house. or do they get their own limit in their rooms ?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

Object limits shared with you

3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

you'll have to give them limits like they can only place 10 deco, 2 containers... etc. if not they can use up your deco/container/lighting allotment... :D

4. holzpapa

holzpapa Avatar

man thats not good :D thanks

5. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

yup... I gave a room to someone once and he used all the rooms in the house... LOL... fortunately, he got himself a house/lot in-game and moved out... :D

6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

We definitely need better control over tenants. I have a couple Inn's where they are violating the contract. Rather than kicking them out, it would be nice to somehow limit them. Where they can drop stuff and how many items / containers they can use.

FrostII likes this.
  7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

If you have a basement it is a separate item and light limit so you can put some things there too. I also have tenants in my basement as well. My basement actually works better for tenants if they don't mind the load screen because of the bug for doors loosing the players name that is going on right now. It doesn't seem to affect my tenants ability to place items in their rooms at all though. At first I was running around adding their names back on the doors but since they are added as guest/tenant to the stone outside the house they seem to be fine so far and nothing has changed. ;)

Sentinel2 likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

My tenants are awesome and if I need them to do something differently we just talk about it. So far we have not had to limit the light and bag placements yet but the Inn is not full yet. I just use it for free housing at the moment to provide housing for those who want a place to hang their hat. It has really livened up the town with a lot of active players running around. ;)

Owlbear, Sentinel2 and Jaesun like this.
  9. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I've been lenient since the Inn's aren't full but have reminded most they will need to tighten it up at some point. Too many containers and other's will need a place to store their loot eventually.

I've added basements with bookshelves to help out. I figure they can place bags to store their extra stuff. Figured they needed the space :)

majoria70 likes this.
  10. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Ahh I wondered about that. I kept running around wondering what happened to their names.

Thought I was going crazy!

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

yes and the only way to know whose room it is well or one way is to point at their items and it has their tenant name on them

Sentinel2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.