Inn Vacancy light?

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Sentinel2, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

Thinking of something to visually let Outlanders know there are vacancies available at the Inn?

Something beyond the regular pinned up letter(s). An Ornate Vacancy Available light source??

2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Interesting idea.

A flag on a pole that can be run up or down? A yellow ribbon on the old oak tree out front? A welcome mat whose color can be changed? Fresh cookies on the table for newcomers?

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I like this idea. I think giving some more benefits to renting would not be a bad thing too. I love that we got the opportunity for all players to get the row deeds with doing the quest lines. We really needed that. Is there a way that renting will still be a viable thing? Perhaps some players are not into questing and just want a place to hang their hat and place some chests. Having the option if players have incentive to not live out of their bank perhaps players may use the rental system during the process to complete the quests. I will have to think on it some more ;)

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I think a rental system would work better and be used more if it was automated and perhaps offered special benefits such as access to a globally linked container and special food options and rested bonuses.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Hazard like this.
  5. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I was thinking of setting up gaming tables (when that comes into the game), food and beverages for the buffs.

Eventually there will be more activity (I hope) with adding perks to the Inn's.

Oh and I'm hoping for that Greenhouse Inn someday.

I believe the dev's mentioned in a past livestream something about making visiting these Inn's more meaningful. All in good time!

6. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

True, automation needs to happen, but beyond that the benefits are really the only way most of these will be viable in the long term IMO - especially with POT deeds going to be given away on Episode 1 completion. For those of us that may have housing, there should be incentive for us all to rent a room in these locations (e.g. you have to be considered 'local' through renting locally to access an area resource or adventuring/harvesting location in or near the town). Benefits could be unlocked when utilizing a bed for a minute or less of game time, or perhaps accessing something (bar/food/gaming) in the common area on the 1st floor. Anyway, these are just some things that should be pondered as these inns are typically empty at the moment in most locations. Hopefully the devs have a whiteboard of ideas on deck.

Great idea from the OP, would love to see a few forms of this light.

7. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

Simple idea is log out in a rented room or in your own house and gain double XP bonus. I have described other ideas in greater detail in other threads too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.