Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Irritating visit at the cash store...

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by StrangerDiamond, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I don't think the addon store is trying to reflect prices based on how difficult the item was to create by the team. I think the prices are rightly adjusted to reflect how important and expensive the items should be in-game. So a high fence (twice as high as the low fence) makes sense to be double the price.

The stretch goal store was using prices that reflected the cost of making the items, but the addon store is a whole different animal. These items were made for the game during development, and added to the store later, so the costs are meant to reflect their perceived in-game value.

And that's my understanding, which is why I'm okay with the prices.

2. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I agree that some items might be better fit being slightly more expensive (20-50% more) than the basic reskinned counterpart instead of 100-120% more and would definitely lead me to buy more but the real question is would doing this raise more money for Portalarium. Everything has a perfect pricepoint.

Some prices are a bit steep for me although that just makes the item rarer. I just want more clothes (actual clothes).

I also agree that people are reading your thread and chiming in which is nice and I don't think anything was belittling.

stratigos and Ahuaeynjgkxs like this.
  3. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Exactly what bothers me... percieved in game value which is relative to the buyer, but still, regardless of the perspective, it dosen't convince me to buy more things.

Apetite comes while eating, is that a proverb in english too ?

I have pledged more than enough to get a rebate on items that make absolutely no difference in the game from any possible viewpoint.

I agree that then the high fence might not be rare... but lets be serious here, does anyone think ANYONE will be mad about that ?

"oh man that fence I though was rare when I bought it now my neighbor has the same, how lame, I really look like a cheap guy now."

Grass is always greener on the neighbor's lawn ? thats also a proverb right ?

I really think I deserve a fence for 10$... at worse charge me the nice looky ivy 10$ and I'll craft the fence myself, then it'll be add on ivy for a nice price.

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  4. Acred

Acred Avatar

My two cents: :D
    This is an interesting insight into what probably goes into the design process. I'm not doubting your expertise here, Ahuaeynjgkxs. I am using the word "probably" because I have no idea what it takes to make the code for such items as I see in the Add-On Store. I visit it when I feel I have enough cash and a reason to treat myself. I visit it when there is a webathon. I visit it when I want to get some inspiration for what I'd like to create in an ingame scene or something SotA-related that I am writing.

My view is not as informed as your view so I react only to what I see offered in the Store without the knowledge of what went into making it.

That means for me the taller fence does have enough appeal to be worth more outlay of my cash. So I cannot support your first point.
    I very much agree with your second point. I am enthusiastic about different colour variations and "skins" both in wanting to own and use them ingame and as a trigger to my imagination.

We both seem to desire more variation and hope for prices we can afford. I'm optimistic that the Portalarium folks will pick up on this. I'll check the Store often to see what is created and offered. ;)

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Indeed Milady, for my part as I said I don't visit the store often, but I expect much more options would be given and a professional pricing model be used.

After all many of us are satisfied with our pledge and are now just looking for extra fun items that please us. I don't mind really exeptional items to have high prices, but some are really just not worth the price of a full game (these days most game give access for 20$ or less...)

6. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

You make a good point here. I do find myself saying, 'Wow, is this pixel art really worth the price of another game? And most of the time that answer is no. The ones that are worth that price, are usually priced over twice that. ;-( So I don't get those either. Pixel art that's just decorative and being made for the game despite the store variety should be priced in the $1-$10 range, and bundled at the $5-$10 range. Large/special items maybe $10-$20.. after launch. Higher prices now while there's no permanent way to acquire the equivalents in-game, makes some sense in my mind.

7. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

Taller fences provide additional privacy and security as you cannot jump over them. Some people lock their lots and with high fences that means more than lower.

So the additional price could be for the additional security of it.

8. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I hadn't thought about that, people would do that for pvp ? can't we ban someone from a lot ?

9. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I seem to remember that scenario coming up during the Telethon, where the Devs (Starr or Chris, can't recall which one) mentioned they didn't like having to put artificial tools in the game for that, so they'd rather people do things like fences, walls, etc for blocking people out.

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

So can we craft high fences ? If yes then the addon is still just an ivy themed skin added on top for 20$ ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.