Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Issue with crafting

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Corazon, Feb 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corazon

Corazon Avatar

7 yards of leather to make a leather chest armour! Maybe if I was a giant! Sigh.... I had about 20 hides thinking, surely I can get somewhere with this, no chance.
    This is my first attempt at crafting since R3 or 4. It was time consuming then. Having a schedule that only allows for casual play, to collect 80 or so hides to make a suit may take me a few weeks. My character is a very small female, surely 3 yards should suffice :)

Nhili Dragon likes this.
  2. Corazon

Corazon Avatar

That has me thinking.... Could be cool for characters smaller in stature to need less resources to make smaller outfits. Obviously to keep Novia becoming a land of the little folk there would be penalties e.g strength penalties with dex bonuses, while towering monster fighters are super strong and hardy but require a lot more ingots for armour. And people with ginormous heads are veerrry intelligent:)

3. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

yeah, crafting a little bit of a mess right now

4. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

It's not until we get gatherings skills implemented we actually know how fas you you will collect hides.

In another thread in this forum we just talking about material usage and about waist. I have honestly no idea how much hide a chest armour uses but I do know that several of them have more than one layer. So if you have like 1.5 yards front and back with some reinforcements (bubble layers on some places) and some waist I think you will be close to 7 yards. This is only guesses from leather armour I have seen in use.

5. Corazon

Corazon Avatar

Yeah, realise the skills will play a big part it how much you can gather etc. And 7 yards may be necessary, but should be able to get that from a couple of animal hides, not 50 kills. Seeing as it's pre alpha and we are testing for the devs, would prefer not to have to spend ridiculous amount of hours having to gather. Although I do enjoy hunting and exploring the game at the same time

6. Illesac

Illesac Avatar

Instead of collecting individual "hides" they should switch to measurements of hide, say yards. A bunny could yield .01 yards of leather, a pig .1, a wolf .25, and a bear .5. By having these fractional measurements instead of quantities you remove the need to have the smallest unit of 1 and alleviate this feelings that it takes 20 hides to make a tunic.

Corazon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.