Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

It's the little things that count

Discussion in 'Release 16 Feedback' started by Soulicide, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soulicide

Soulicide Avatar

So, with R16 I was very excited about the graphical overhaul to the Hidden Vale map and the lighting fix in general. I found some of the things I was pleasantly surprised to see (and hear) were very subtle additions though:

The soft little chink sound when you loot gold now. For some reason it just makes looting that 12 gold a bit more satisfying.

The trill of the tree frogs when you begin to approach a swamp or marsh area. They have started singing where I live and sometimes I'm not sure if it's coming from outside my window or the game and I find that pleasant.

The points of interest on the compass. Oh my god, I can find my way in and out of Ardoris now!

Spiders are tougher. Even at level 47 a pack of them putting that poison DoT on me can do some damage. Coming across new players being ganged by a swarm of them gave me incentive to throw some points into Life...for the sole purpose of healing other players as I came across them. And now I am enjoying being more of a party healer.

More trees in Owl's Head or is it my imagination? Definitely more trees around the entrance where the lunar rift used to be at least.

Trees grow back after a house/lot goes away. If this has been in place or a while I only just noticed it but I hope this stays in place. The unsightly house across from mine disappeared and in its wake left me a lovely view of a little grove and some bluffs. Hopefully my future neighbors will have good taste. xD

Post the details you have noticed and appreciated about R16 if you feel so inclined.

4EverLost, Budner and SmokerKGB like this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Soulticide, I really enjoyed your post. I have been pretty happily amazed also by many of the little things I see and hear such as you have mentioned in your post. I love the emote cry sound and laugh sounds that got added last release. Also I am noticing details here and there in other areas. I was walking through Ardoris yesterday and it did feel differently to me. All the machinery was there before but I swear it looked different to me. Probably the lighting effects and also sounds helped. It is a really nice looking city with more to come I'm sure. I also love the map work on both maps. I still want to jaywalk accross water and keep trying, hopefully I don't get a ticket if I accidentally succeed ;) The work on the cloaks is very awesome so far. I love it. I am also noticing creatures are a bit tougher here and there so they keep me on my toes which I like. I love the dance 3 about brains and a couple of people have actually sang to me of course with no sound yet, but still just seeing the words that someone sang to me is really nice and hmmm it wasn't Mark Anthony, lol well that song is a bit older, but I couldn't resist, perhaps that would be a good sound affect for the emote. lol ;) Anyway I didn't remember seeing the 'sing' emote. I'm looking forward to more and more emotes and dance emotes too. They truly add something to the game.:)

**edited**

Soulicide and Abydos like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.