Ive broken my house

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Nevyn Waldail, Oct 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

Over the last couple of days I no longer appear to be able to move any item in my house? Once its been dropped I can't move it, I can play about with the permissions but that's it. Instead of getting a green cursor I am now getting a yellow one.

Any help appreciated as I've dropped an enormous well in the middle of my lounge by mistake.
    Thanks

CatherineRose likes this.
  2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings @Nevyn Waldail. My guess is that you have turned off deco mode. Pressing the "." key toggles you in and out of deco mode which allows you to drag stuff around. If this does not solve the problem PM me and we will work it out.

Ataniiq, Beaumaris, Kara Brae and 2 others like this.
  3. Nevyn Waldail

Nevyn Waldail Avatar

Thanks that fixed it

Lesni likes this.
  4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Glad the OP had the toggle available. In my case, I tried to change the keybind to another key, (`) but the keybind is borked now. Every time I try to select the keybind for deco, the selection box chooses the left mouse button when I select and displays a keybind for it. Then the box is locked for additional tries. I have to default the whole keybind to escape this lock up. My default keybind does not have the (.) key but just an empty slot. So to make a long story short, I have to select enable deco in the options and live with being in deco mode basically all the time because I am too lazy to activate and deactivate it by pulling up options. I submitted as a bug but so far have gotten no response, sigh. Am going to leave it at that and just live with it.

5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Can't you try another key to see if that works. I have set the -0- key on my numpad keys to toggle deco on and off. It works great so I'm not always moving thing.

Also I did recently request to get a lock item down so for example when removing books from a bookcase you don't drag the bookcase instead of the book. So in a perfect world we lock the bookcase but not the books. Please please again to devs give us a lock item feature.? @DarkStarr

Ataniiq likes this.
  6. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Thanks for responding, and apologies for not being able to clearly describe the problem. One last time, when I select the square where you change the key, the mouse key causes "left mouse" to enter the square and lock it up. Then pressing any other key has no effect. The left mouse key is now the selection and can only be cleared by checking the reset choices above. After resetting, both the default and alternate squares are blank and I cannot change either because the left mouse key enters a keycode that cannot be cleared with any other key. If I could select the choice square with a method other than my mouse, I guess that would work, but how do you do that? In the meantime I have set both columns to default and have checked the "enable decoration mode" in choices and am running all the time with decoration mode enabled unless I bring up the menu and uncheck the box. A big hassle, but I am resolved to live with it in the current environment.

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

So for me I hover my mouse over the the square right after where it says toggle deco mode and I touch the -0- (zero key on my numpad) and it it now there as my choice. It says keypad 0 and the square next to it says none. I am really sorry you are having problems. If you are unable to make it work from this then please don't hesitate to send support@portalarium.com a note or perhaps a bug report stating your problem. Hopefully it will work for you though.

CrandalltheFoole and Aldo like this.
  8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I don't like hitting stuff like that by accident, so my keybind is left-ctrl-keypad-plus. It is quite hard to hit that combination by accident with one hand. (I suppose I could use my nose if I had to.)

There are many good reasons to leave it off most of the time. First, when double-clicking on containers, the mouse position is likely to bump slightly from the effort of pressing the button, then you get an error because it is trying to move and open it at the same time. The other main reason is that it affects dragging items from inventory windows when you are in deco mode while standing inside your lot, limiting you to take one item at a time from a stack.

Aldo and Jaesun like this.
  9. Curt

Curt Avatar

I recommend the 'home' key for the binding it feels appropriate

Aldo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.