K’rul open PvP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tetsu Nevara, Jan 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Just cast blind on him and he wont avoid your flurry of arrows

2. mercster

mercster Avatar

For a very long time, PVP got no love. Now it is getting love. You may not benefit from it, but it's a good thing.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Womby like this.
  3. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

Ante up and try it if you think it'll work :p even if using magic was outside the initial terms, I'm still game.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  4. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

You already turned down my pvp duel, while in discord :( Yer too much work to get to duel. Good luck cell phone streaming!

5. Xeen Dread

Xeen Dread Avatar

Refused to stream/show my screen. We already know how a duel between us would end with you running away at first sight and then dying.

Make it worth my while and I'll duel you.

6. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

:).

While this thread miraculously didn't devolve into toxic fighting between each other (thank you all! P.S. Valor/Xeen Dread, livestream that duel :)), it did diverge from the main topic quite often, which was already more than about K'rul. We've had these PvP vs PvE conversations before about how the game should be developed. They often unfortunately end up the same with pages of personal attacks or derailing arguments, sometimes because the topic was too open. I would encourage a narrower focus when discussing PvE/PvP balance... like actually talking about K'rul.

Usually when we announce new scenes, the other scenario occurs with a new topic posted, where we get some community angst that we are ignoring PvP entirely :). We don't feel we are focusing too much on PvP, and most certainly not ignoring PvE, but instead trying to find a balance between the two before Episode 1 is completed. The predominant type of player for the game is not all PvE (obviously), not all PvP (just as obviously), but less obviously it's not 50/50 either. In fact, it's predominantly more PvE focused than PvP focused.

Whatever the percentage, we have an obligation to build upon the PvP part of the game, which currently has far less content than PvE. Even with K'rul, it's not completely PvP but an open concept. The development team has to look at our historic commitments and development goals, the community's current interests, and what is possible for future development from a scope/scale perspective given the time we have left for Episode 1. All that is taken into account every time when adding new content to the game. Even when we do make a decision, we are very cautious and try our best to consider all the alternatives available to us.

We are keenly aware of all the feedback and concerns around PvE/PvP combat (and every other piece of gameplay), and very much want to continue to hear your feedback as we build new scenes like K'rul.

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread down since the topic has run its course. I hope my bit of feedback was helpful in acknowledging our awareness of this topic and considerations by both types of players.

hroth, Barugon, mercster and 15 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.