Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Keybind for mount/dismount

Discussion in 'Release 35 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Ravalox, Oct 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

This prolly has been brought up before, but it would be very useful to add a keybind slot for mount/dismount (Coconut Horsey).

It's understood that we shouldn't be able to perform certain functions while using the coconuts (mounted), I even setup a second Deck to swap to to simulate a dismount, but the UI will not allow switching to another deck while mounted either.

I suggest that a slot be created for toggling mount/dismount. It appears the "H" key is free, though it could be created with no default if key assignment is an issue for now.

A second request would be to allow for the swapping of decks while mounted. Since the Player cannot be in combat while mounted, I don't see a reason to prevent deck swaps.

By Tor, moko, lollie and 2 others like this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I've asked for being able to swap decks while mounted several times in the past. Ignored every time.

lollie likes this.
  3. redfish

redfish Avatar

On this topic, it would also probably eventually be good to have some quick way to ignite and equip a torch. :D

Whether a keybind or being able to place a glyph in our non-combat bar... You can do it from decks, but it really gets messy, especially if you use more than one weapon...

lollie likes this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

problem these are not actually mounts but equipment , so you can set them up as alternate clothing in a deck and change decks

And yeah equipping items and stuff has been brought up before at to how long how many items . . . . . . .

5. lollie

lollie Avatar

No you can't for practical reasons - because you can't change decks back once the coconuts are equipped, making setting them up as a deck pointless.

Ravalox likes this.
  6. golruul

golruul Avatar

Odd, I do this all the time. I hit the 'Y' key that brings up all the decks, switch to coconut deck, then when finished, hit 'Y' key and switch back to my combat deck.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Just once, I'd love to see a (reasonable) dev explanation of why we can't swap decks with the coconuts equipped.

[edit] I'd also like to hear why we're not allowed to jump with the coconuts equipped.

[edit 2] And... silence....

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
    By Tor and lollie like this.
  8. lollie

lollie Avatar

Yes you're opening the deck up letting you use your mouse. We're talking about hitting the key to switch decks, maybe you haven't found this key yet...?

Anyway with coconuts equipped you can't hit the keybind to switch decks, of course you are free to faff around with various windows once you free your cursor up, but that is inefficient, just as inefficient as manually equipping/unequipping.

9. golruul

golruul Avatar

I can switch decks via that window a heck of a lot faster than hitting the hotkey and waiting five seconds or so for the swap to complete. I normally leave my cursor somewhere near the middle of my screen, so when that window pops up, it's quick to select a deck and equip it. Then hitting escape gets me out of the window quickly.

But, to the point of not being able to switch decks with the coconuts, yeah, that should be changed.

10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

First, that's a real hassle especially when you're trying to type in chat. Second, deck swapping takes 4 seconds and you can do it on the run.

lollie likes this.
  11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Since the devs won't ever comment on this, does anyone else know why deck swapping is disabled while the coconuts are equipped?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.