Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Build 607 - Current scene not found in the sotamap database

Discussion in 'Release 42 Bug Forum' started by Fionwyn Wyldemane, May 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Description: I changed templates to Swamp Island 01a - Left and now I *still* have no map!
    Reproduction rate: 100%
    Blocker: No
    Details: Everything was working fine with SoTAMAP until I changed my biome/template from the default to the Swamp Island 01a - Left.

I first reported this problem here on May 6, Build 602. Unfortunately, it is still broken. What is it going to take to get this fixed?

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...cene-not-found-in-the-sotamap-database.88964/

Steps to Reproduce: Visit my PoT.

***Note - I am able to change the spawn location! Thank you for correcting that :) I was guessing that if you fixed the spawn problem, this one would be fixed too. I was wrong. :eek:

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.607.Date.05.24.17
    Area: Serenity Isle (POT_swampisland_metropolis_01a_template/Serenity Isle)
    Loc: (-13.0, 14.0, -31.7)

Gregg247 likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  3. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I *have* reached out to @Jakub White a number of times. No reply :-(

I thought Portalarium needed to coordinate these changes with Jakub. I know you folks *can't control directly*, but Portalarium choose to implement the map into the game. If you are telling me there is *nothing* you guys can do to get this situation resolved, I am going to weep bitter tears.

At the very least, don't you have a way to communicate with Jakub and let him know about bugs with sotamap?

Gregg247 likes this.
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Fionwyn Wyldemane
    It cut off the line where I put the ticket # from the prior thread on this (46143)
    I'm saying, I cannot tell you right now exactly where we are at my dear as we do not modify it directly, I am certainly not saying nothing can be done!
    I'm sorry to scare you but that ticket is still open and in progress. Please hang in there with Jakub on this one.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  5. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

I'm sorry for misunderstanding! I'm hanging in there, I'm just frustrated and honestly afraid to *ever* change the template again should something come along that I prefer.
    *****************************************************************************
    Edited for clarity:

@Lexie, @Attenwood - I'm not sure if this needs to be a separate bug report so I am sticking it here for right now.

When I look at the *Town Spawn Selection * map, it is not displaying as the template I chose, but at least it's displaying. My expectation was it would display in the orientation shown in the PoT template selection as seen below:

[​IMG]

Instead, the Portalarium spawn map is showing up this way ingame - which is *not* what I changed it to. This is what I see ingame - again - this is not my template and it *does not match* what I chose from the actual PoT template selections:

[​IMG]

Perhaps this is how it's supposed to be, but so far I am underwhelmed by this whole template process.

In any case, I thank you for your time.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  6. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

@Lexie @Attenwood @Serafina

Is there any status update of this ticket? Do I have to wait another release for this to get fixed? :-(

Is this going to be fixed for R43?

The two issues are above, but I am getting so discouraged about this situation I'm going to repeat myself once again:

1. I chose the Swamp Island 01a-Left template. That template is not even in the game!! No maps for it and as a result I have the wrong darn map when I go to change the spawn location. Let me repeat - THE MAP IS WRONG. See the screenshots above.

2. SoTAMAP does not work in my PoT.

---> So again - is there an update about this? Will I *EVER* get the right map for my PoT?

Last edited: May 31, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.