Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Build 680 - Placed Cloaks With Magical Dyes Show No Effect - STILL!!

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Fionwyn Wyldemane, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

5/18/2018 4:33 PM

Title: Placed Items With Magical Dyes Show No Effect - STILL!!
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: This was already reported in R53 on this thread:

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...tems-with-magical-dyes-show-no-effect.122535/

We have placed cloaks dyed with the specialty dyes on the walls. If I move the cloak, the effects will only show up for me. If another person moves the cloaks, the same thing - he can see the effects, but no one else can. If we leave the basement and come back - the effects are gone again.

Basically, the effects are NOT persisting and only visible to the person who moves them. Leave the scene and the effects are gone again.

I have confirmed the above is STILL happening. Here is a screenshot:

[​IMG]

These dyes are not free and cannot be crafted so it would REALLY be nice if you guys could fix since the problem was originally reported on 4/28.

Steps to Reproduce: Dye a cloak with sparkle dye for example. Place it on the wall. Leave the scene. Come back - no effects!

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16211
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M GPU RAM: 4065
    SotA.QA.Win.64.680.Date.05.15.18
    Area: BasementSceneDungeonTown_Arena
    Area Display Name: Town Stone Arena Basement
    Loc: (47.4, 5.1, 2.8)
    Debug: QmFzZW1lbnRTY2VuZUR1bmdlb25Ub3duX0FyZW5hfHwoNDcuNDQyLCA1LjA1NSwgMi43OTMpfCgwLCAtMC4yMjcsIDAsIDAuOTc0KXwtMjguMjQ5NTV8MC4zMTIyOTA2fDQuOTI4MzY5

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I'm sorry! Bug remains open. # is 58669 as linked in another thread.
    If you want to follow up on a bug it is probably best to send me a private message. We get a ton of bug reports submitted and I may miss the forum comments if the conversation keeps going after a bug has been submitted.
    Best thing to do is just shoot me the bug number because I can quickly look at the status and provide an update.
    While we would love to fix bugs in the same release they were reported in, I'm afraid it always isn't possible. And we haven't started our 'normal' QA builds yet. QA was opened early for performance checking. But we're nearing that timeframe where we normally do open it.
    Thank you and I'm sorry once again.
    @Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
  3. Fionwyn Wyldemane

Fionwyn Wyldemane Avatar

Ahhh ok, no worries @Lexie ! I'm sorry I got pissy about it! I thought QA was actually open and bugs getting fixed. My mistake completely :)

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Ha no worries :) It's open, but we opened it early for unity testing. So that makes it feel like it has been open for bugs longer than it really has. We haven't hit 'bug week' yet where lots of bug fixes get checked in. I hope yours is one of them.

Fionwyn Wyldemane likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.