Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Can't edit sotamap

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Vladamir Begemot, Feb 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I made a test character to help knock down some bugs a while ago.

That character got deleted shortly afterwards, no problem there.

Checking on shroudoftheavatar.com/map, several of the town lots are now under that non-existent characters name, and logging into the map doesn't give me editing rights to the town at all.

Barugon likes this.
  2. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for the report! Issue 63832

Barugon likes this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Title changed to need more info, what can I help you with?

4. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

We need some clarification as to what problem you are seeing. The character name that is displayed is only for display purposes, and will eventually change to the most recently used character. That shouldn't affect your ability to log in or edit towns that you own.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Any lots that says "Foo Ladeda" should be Vladamir Begemot.

That character is long deleted, probably it was for testing R61. It may even have been a QA test character. I've logged in probably 60+ days, multiple times per day, since Foo was deleted.

When turning on edit mode as Vladamir Begemot it gives me the error "You do not have permission to submit edits to this map, but you may make marks on it."

I double checked in game, I'm still governor, and have no other characters on the account at this time.

--

(Irrelevant info: I was trying to prank Boo Ladedada while working on early game testing, but he never saw me :( )

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Lord Subtleton It looks like it's the same in my NPC town lots too, I've checked Braemar and Storm's Reach and they are both showing that old name. Probably Brittany Alleys is as well.

7. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

We are trying to figure out what trouble you are encountering. The character name is used for display name only, at least it's supposed to be. 80% of the dev-programmer team is now diving into php code...

EDIT: So good news. This display name being out of date is unrelated. That will update automatically. The bad news. Your access trouble is unrelated. TopMen are looking into the cause of the problem. So this part is still an open issue.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    Jaesun and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I have two lots claimed in Mystic Isle by Barugon and Barugon is the only avatar that I have used on that account for at least two months but Gojira is listed as the lot owner on the map.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.