Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]Combat Training (Taming skill) shows wrong value for tamed creature level bonus

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Technowitch, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technowitch

Technowitch Avatar

1. Title: The Combat Training taming skill description for tamed creature level bonus shows the wrong value whenever it is rounding up to next integer value

2. Reproduction Rate: 100%

3. Blocker? No. Just presents misleading and mistaken information to the player at certain skill levels.

4. Details: In working on my taming skills, I noticed when Combat Training ticked over to the next higher integer value (like from +12 taming level bonus to +13, or +13 to +14), the difference would not actually show up in my summoned pets until several Combat Training levels later. Subsequently, I began tracking the actual decimal-accuracy number using SOTAHUD & /Stats and discovered what was happening. The skill description would go ahead and round up to the next higher integer as soon as I passed the 0.5 mark on the creature level bonus...but it would not actually take effect until I actually surpassed the next integer number.

For example, let's say my Combat Training is 83. The /stats readout shows me as having +13.88 summoned creature level bonus. The skill description for me will say I have +14 creature level. But the actual summoned creature still receives only a +13 bonus. At Combat Training level 84, /stats shows +13.96 summoned creature level bonus...but the creature still only gets +13. As soon as my Combat Training rose to level 85, the /stats number rose to roughly +14.04...and suddenly all of my summoned pets were one level higher, reflecting the jump from +13 to +14. Only then was the skill description accurate.

If I were to keep increasing my Combat Training into the mid-90s, at some point the skill description would say I have +15 tamed creature level bonus, but by my estimation, I probably would not see +15 actually reflected in my summoned tamed pets until my skill was somewhere close to GM or higher.

5. Steps to Reproduce: As Combat Training rises, watch the HP, Focus, and Focus Drain of any summoned pet. I used a Bear Patriarch (Summoning level 44), which is well below my summoned creature max level. Note when Combat Training ticks over to say you've gone from +13 to +14. (I'm sorry, wish I could be 100% positive, but I believe for me it was at about Combat Training level 78 or 80.) Summon pet. Note there is no change in pet's stats or your Focus drain. Keep raising Combat Training. Use /stats to note the relevant skill slowly increasing. There will be no change in the summoned pet's numbers or your Focus drain until Level 85 in Combat Training, when the NON-ROUNDED output number actually surpasses +14.0.

6. User Specs: N/A, in-game calculated number issue
    Recommendation: (1) Fix the Combat Training skill description OR (2) grant the higher summoned tamed pet creature level when the description's rounding-up indicates the higher level. OR (3) go ahead and award non-integer incremental increases to the summoned tamed creature's level, such that it might be possible even to see a 1 or 2 HP increase when, say, going from Combat Training 80 to 81 or whatever.

Of these, I'm guessing #1 would be easiest, as in don't let the Combat Training skill description round-up.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  2. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Technowitch likes this.
  3. Technowitch

Technowitch Avatar

Glad to be of help, Margaritte! I did look to see if the bug had been reported already, but I guess I didn't look hard enough. Didn't think to look back at R36.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.