Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Is Jump Broken?

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Culann, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Culann

Culann Avatar

Okay, so I noodled around the forums a bit and couldn't find anything much about jumping issues so I'm posting this here.

For R53 and now 54, my avatar jumps immediately when I push the space bar. In other words, there is no hold down and release function. Has a change been made or is this a bug?

2. HuntedHunt

HuntedHunt Avatar

From the 'Jump on spacebar “down'' section of the R53 release notes:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=89678

"When we first implemented jump in our game we did not want players constantly “bunny hopping” during combat so we implemented various solutions like the “stillness bonus.” We also put in “charged jumping” where the longer you held down the spacebar the bigger your jump. This meant that the actual trigger for the jump action became releasing the spacebar versus the more traditional pressing the spacebar down. This counterintuitive interface choice has since cost us new players while not actually discouraging combat jumping. So we have now made the default jump action triggered when you press down on the spacebar. The height of this jump is the maximum height at which you would have done a fully “charged” jump in the old system. For those who were accustomed to the old method we have preserved that as an option in the Options menu. You can read more about this change in Chris’s blog."

Culann, Lexie and Alley Oop like this.
  3. Culann

Culann Avatar

@HuntedHunt
    Thanks! I miss reading one of 53 release notes and look what happens :p
    I for one will be going back to the old method... does that make me weird?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.