Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Masterworking

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Waxillium, Aug 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

When I masterwork (currently wolf hats at skill 100/95/92) it says +0.2 focus regen but then shows as 0.1 on the hat.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that's correct. it does it on gloves and boots, too. the idea is the object is too small to get the full benefit of it the way a chest or legs would. the (known) bug is that it's not currently displaying the discrepency, you just have to know about it.

edit: it should be displaying only half the durability hit, too, if you expand it.

Daxxe Diggler and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  3. Alley Oop

4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

I thought when this first appeared (way back) it was only related to items with two extremities (hands and feet). If I remember the assumption was that the process was borked because the intent was that each extremity would contribute one half of the total masterworked property. The execution was not correct, though eventually ignored as a bug. The hat is another matter. Perhaps since it protects two ears this is as designed?;) The explanation that these are small items begs the question. If they contribute a smaller amount of the shown masterwork buff, then why the heck not just show what you get in the menu? Why this divide by two? It is confusing and unneccessary. Perhaps the extremely small buff for very high masterworking cost was/is just too embarrassing to display.

5. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I see. Same is happening for +movement speed. Shows value for legs and chest but gives 1/2 on feet.

6. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

ok...
    What's up with the difference in avoidance?
    [​IMG]

7. Alley Oop

8. Lao Tzu

Lao Tzu Avatar

The problem is the discrepancy between how the stats are selected in the masterworks options and how they appear on the item, and the fact that they are not consistent even on the same item.

For example, cloth boots, gloves and helm all get the same stats as displayed when you select Armor Defense (+5% Dam Res), Greater Armor Defense (+7.5% Dam Res), Armor Avoidance (1% Dam Av), Intelligence (+1 Int), and Focus (+5 Foc) at the lowest masterwork level. However, the specialized masterwork options that open up at Level 50 Masterwork Cloth Armor all receive half of the stats that are displayed:

Cloth Boots: +3% Move Rate option appears as +1.5% Move Rate on item, +10% Sprint Power and Duration option appears as +5% Sprint Power and Duration on item;
    Cloth Gloves: +3% Attack Speed option appears as +1.5% Attack Speed on item, +10% Flurry Power and Duration option appears as +5% Flurry Power and Duration on item;
    Cloth Helm: +0.2 Focus Regen option appears as +0.1 Focus Regen on item, -25% Light Armor Skill Focus Cost option appears as -12.5% Light Armor Skill Focus Cost on item.

In my opinion, the displayed percentages are already extremely small. Dividing them in half makes them all but useless.

I don't care what the rationale is for giving half the stats than advertised under the masterworks option. It's bad game design, it's been this way for months, and it should have a simple solution (i.e., changing a spreadsheet so that the stats that displayed equals the stats that are applied). Just my opinion.

- Lao Tzu

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    Daxxe Diggler, Aldo and Kvow Triumvir like this.
  9. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Yes, there is an issue with the UI not taking into about the slot weight when displaying potential modifiers.
    We have bugs open for these issues. Once we get some of these fixed we will be able to evaluate this further.

10. Sycholic

Sycholic Avatar

BTW need to look at this pretty soon... the slot max value is being ignored and currently IG the displayed cap stat is not 'capping' your actual bonuses given. example in my lil vid, 1.9% is the listed max... Im getting infact the full 2.9% (and even higher...) and you can see my avoid jumping 3 points.... This is likely why you got people in full plate with like a 60% avoid status

Rentier, Mishikal and Kvow Triumvir like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.