Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] name and health bar disappeared - reappeared only after select/toggle Large Nameplates

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Winfield, Oct 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

10/28/2017 9:31 AM
    Title: Player name and health bar disappeared - reappeared only after select/toggle Large Nameplates
    Reproduction Rate: happened once, not sure can reproduce again
    Blocker? NO

Details: I entered a combat siege and noticed my name and health bar above my head was missing. I tried N for names, I checked the Options/Interface settings and both Show Player Nameplate and Show Player Health Bar were selected ON. I restarted the client, no change. Still could not see the nameplate/health bar above my head. Then, by chance I clicked Large Nameplates and Chat Bubbles to ON. Then both nameplate and health bar showed again, but larger. Then I turned Large OFF and the smaller nameplate/health bar remained. All was back to normal. So I may have gotten into a bad variable state, yet it remained after I relaunched. I fixed it by toggling the Large Nameplates and Chat Bubbles option (by chance).

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Unknown how got into the state of No Nameplate and No Health Bar above head.
    2. Toggle the Large Nameplates and Chat Bubbles option, made the info reappears above my head.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8) System RAM: 32722
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8113
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.683.Date.10.27.17
    Area: SiegeEncounter_Forest01_Road/POT_tropicalisland_metropolis_01_template/Islands of Wonders
    Area Display Name: Forest Siege
    Loc: (-37.5, 31.3, -109.5)
    Debug: U2llZ2VFbmNvdW50ZXJfRm9yZXN0MDFfUm9hZHxQT1RfdHJvcGljYWxpc2xhbmRfbWV0cm9wb2xpc18wMV90ZW1wbGF0ZS9Jc2xhbmRzIG9mIFdvbmRlcnN8KC0zNy40ODQsIDMxLjI3NSwgLTEwOS40OTkpfCgwLCAwLjExMiwgMCwgMC45OTQpfDEyLjg1NzV8MTB8NC4xNTU3NDU=

Alley Oop likes this.
  2. Winfield

Happened again, entering a Random Encounter. Had the nameplate and health bar from previous scene, went to Novia overworld, entered random encounter, no nameplate/health bar over head after entry. Used options to toggle Large Nameplates and Chat Bubbles, and the nameplate/health bar re-appeared.

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Lexie, this is a good observation, because toggling large nameplates also fixes the sporadic cases of npcs not showing nameplates we've seen the last couple of releases.

Rentier and Winfield like this.
  4. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

now that would need to be told to everyone cos the missing nameplate is so anoying

Winfield likes this.
  6. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

hopefully this is the special sauce to find the bug so it can go in the next few patches

Winfield and liz_the_wiz like this.
  7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

just toggling nameplates has never fixed it for me but maybe the big/small will

Winfield likes this.
  8. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

I haven't been able to determine why name plates on the player, other players and NPC's disappear every once in a while. I thought I had it figured out for other players until one finally showed up that broke my theory.

Winfield likes this.
  9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

for me messing with show player nameplate and larger or not.. resulted in this

[​IMG]

10. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@liz_the_wiz
    Can you hit N to see if it appears then?

We're looking for a way to repro the bug itself. We haven't had much luck. Even at the Friday dance party we were keeping an eye out for it.
    Do you have to keep large nameplates on in order to see them or is toggling it on and off what worked for you? @Winfield

11. Winfield

I seem to loose nameplates on leaving and entering scenes. Not all the time. Then I toggle the large/small nameplates, but that does not always bring back the nameplate. Maybe I can try to video this as I play, then cut in the portion if it happens again.

N key did not help.

UPDATE: I'm using Version 685 - I just had my nameplate and health bar ON and idle in a scene. I had large nameplates ON at the time. I turned that off and nameplate and health bar disappeared, while those were still checkmarked on. Then I toggled them on/off, etc. And the large/small. To no avail, the nameplate and health bar did not return. I logged off and logged in; no help. I shut down client, started client again with nameplate/health checked on and it came back, so required a Client restart.

Sorry for low quality, I have very low bandwidth to upload.

I hope this helps a little. Also, I figured out how to do some videos so I can show all my FISHING expeditions too!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    LoneStranger likes this.
  12. Winfield

Too strange. While I was posting the above, I was idle in the game. Went back to my character and turned on/off the Large Nameplates option. My Nameplate and health bar re-appeared! I was idle about 10 minutes. It's an amazing bug! I'll keep testing.

13. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Lexie i had terrible issues with it at the weekend, Christ Pallid and I went to craig foothills, and on arriving in the zone someone zoned in along side us I couldnt see her nameplate so i tried to get it to show by using this thread, but large/small/on/off combos and it did things like turn the one that wasnt working on but then I couldnt see Chris', then neither, then both but with the mob stuff showing through walls.. it was just random mess

Winfield likes this.
  14. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I've been having it happen randomly for days now. Sometimes it happens on the overworld, sometimes in a scene. Sometimes it's another player, sometimes it's me, and apparently sometimes it's an NPC.

Right now I'm in Central Brittany, at the crafting pavilion, and the crafting supplies merchant nametag was missing. I opened the vendor interface, then came here to check the bugs forum. Now I turn the camera and see that the nameplate came back when I wasn't watching, probably when the vendor window came up. I swear she didn't have a nameplate when I clicked on her.

15. Filter Bubble Algorithm

Filter Bubble Algorithm Avatar

just lost my nameplate when I got attacked while harvesting

16. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Winfield and LoneStranger like this.
  17. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

I am experience this issue as well. I'd say like 3 out of 5 nameplates do not appear. Toggling large nameplates doesn't seem to have any impact on that, but it does make some of the nameplates pop to the bottom of the npcs instead of the top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.