Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Quest PoT Row Lot deed turns into tradeable Pot Village lot deed

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Esher Stormcrow, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esher Stormcrow

Esher Stormcrow Avatar

01/24/2019 20:36
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: Only had 1 Row lot to test
    Blocker?
    Details: I upgraded the no trade PoT Row lot to a Village lot deed.
    After that i wanted to upgrade it to a Town lot deed but instead i got a tradeable Pot Village lot deed. It also has a value of 125.000 Gold now.

Steps to Reproduce: Upgrade the old quest row lot deed twice
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1231 v3 @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16314
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series GPU RAM: 4072
    SotA.QA.Win.64.797.Date.01.24.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Metallicus
    Area Display Name: Metallicus
    Loc: (134.8, 44.5, 14.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfE1ldGFsbGljdXN8KDEzNC44NDYsIDQ0LjUzNSwgMTQuMDExKXwoMCwgMC4xMjIsIDAsIC0wLjk5Myl8MzQ2LjI2N3wxNi4yMjE2MXw1LjE3MzYxNQ==

2. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thanks for the report! The upgrade from No-Trade village to trade-able village is a required intermediate step before you can upgrade it to a town deed. However, the gold value was not intended, that will be fixed, and no trade deeds that are upgraded with crowns will be treated in the same way as reward items (will not be ransomable, and will have no value.)

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Hey @BurningToad - I just ran into this myself and got confused by the UI not showing what the upgrade is for - I found another thread afterwards with someone else reporting the same thing.

PS - the deed now has 0 value - so that bit is fixed..

4. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

May it is intended that a upgrade from quest village deed to town deed cost 120 coto while upgrading from add-on village deed to town is 90 coto. Or only add-on store deeds can be upgraded, so a conversation from quest deed to add-on deed takes place first. Since there is a quest village deed; there is a path from quest row to quest village.

However i find it confusing and also ends up in a negative experience. Upgrading with 30 cotos only to find out it costs 90 more cotos. It feels someone want to fool me. Ok, it was on the QA no problem, but i will not repeat it on live.

I think the context menu is a little to restricted to explain people the process. Maybe it is a better idea to open a Window and name the menu entry "upgrade deed..." or "upgrade manager/store" or something.
    In a window there is more room for a explanatory text. And to show that a upgrade will sum up to 120 coto.
    It also allow to show a list of all upgrade options: village to town -> 90 coto, village to city -> xxx coto, .... and so on. Including showing the amount of cotos in inventory and a link to buy new cotos.

Next release ? :D

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.