Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Randall the Farmer - Owl's Head - misleading dialogue

Discussion in 'Release 36 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Daxxe Diggler, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

11/9/2016 10:32 AM
    Title: Randall the Farmer - Owl's Head - misleading dialogue
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No
    Details: Randall the Farmer's dialogue says: "Hello, traveller. I am Randall, seller of fresh meat and hides for the good people of Owl's Head." Problem is... he only sells fruits, veges and seeds.
    Steps to Reproduce: Go to /loc below, speak to Randall The Farmer NPC.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 7981
    GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics GPU RAM: 944
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.412.Date.11.08.16
    Area: OwlsHead
    Area Display Name: Owl's Head
    Loc: (84.8, 71.4, 60.1)

I think the real issue is what he is selling though, and not his dialogue. If you click on the underlined key words, he goes on about the cow next to him, and him being the "best tanner" and all.

I think it would improve his character if he was changed to a "butcher" NPC and sold meats instead of fruits/veggies. Especially since Myra is right next to him and sells the same items he does. It would be much better to have them selling different items for cooking.

While we are at it, Randall should probably get moved under the empty blue awning to his left instead of outside of Myra's tables.... and then perhaps have that section decorated like the other butcher NPC stations?

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We're not at the point where we can schedule work for Hidden Vale NPCs and they are still with years-old dialog. Not going to fix this now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.