Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] (Re: Kobold Guardian) Unexpected profanity added to list of keywords in dialog window.

Discussion in 'Release 38 Bug Forum' started by MoriensSeeker, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MoriensSeeker

MoriensSeeker Avatar

1. Title: (Re: Kobold Guardian) Unexpected profanity added to list of keywords in dialog window.
    2. Repro Rate: 100% (complicated repro, though)
    3. Blocker: No
    4. Details: After accidentally provoking a Kobold Guardian into combat through dialog, I found an... unusual new addition to the list of keywords in the dialog window the next time I spoke to a Kobold Guardian. See the last screenshot below. I suspect this keyword was added to the list of keywords because it was the first in the list that provokes the kobold guardians to attack... at least, I hope that is the reason.
    5. Steps to Repro:
    A. Speak to a Kobold Guardian.
    B. Follow the line of dialog that provokes the kobold to attack (i.e. "yellow" then "baby stomping" then "you will die").
    C. After killing the Kobold Guardian, immediately speak to another Kobold Guardian. Do not speak to any other NPC. Don't wait. Don't log out. Ect.
    D. Scroll through the list of keywords in the dialog window until you find the offending keyword.
    6. User Specs:

Windows 7 x64
    SotA Build 541

Just speaking to the friendly kobolds in Skrekk like usual...
    [​IMG]
    Oops.. that seems to have made him mad.
    [​IMG]
    But now I have been given a new keyword to use by the dialog system. Check out that third keyword. Lum!
    [​IMG]

Alley Oop and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Nasty beasts, they are. Entered, SOTA-40530

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I suspect Lum may have added that on one of the Telethon days when he was a bit tuned up! :p

Spoon likes this.
  4. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Nope, cursing at kobolds will taunt them into attacking you. Adding a more "polite" keyword hint and changing the "baby stomping" text so it doesn't link into a "I kill you" taunt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.