Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known]strage behavior if using a wishing well

Discussion in 'Release 37 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Knightowld, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knightowld

Knightowld Avatar

When my Avatar tries to use his wishing well (Water org Charity) he often starts walking away from it searching along the whole ground.

In other cases he gets the message 'unable to reach node (wishing well)' even if he is adjacent to the well.

If he has some kind of success, an animation starts of filling a water bucket and it ends with a message of success, but there is no filled bucket in the inventory.

Never it happens that he drops a coin into it.

2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I reported this same behavior in R36. If I'm not standing on the correct side of the well when I double-click it, my avatar walks away, making a big loop that even takes her off the lot.

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Sorry if the 3-4 below seems a bit bitter but this is sorta a pet peeve of mine.
    :oops:

That you get no water bucket is a [Known] bug. Will likely be fixed later this week.
    The path finding and single spot of contact for the node has been repeatedly reported and is currently on the Jira list. However with no current ETA.
    To be able to throw a coin in (make a wish) you need to right click the well and select "Examine", I think it's called, in the menu. Then answer "Yes" in the pop up.
    Very user unfriendly but currently working as designed. Portalarium didn't even want to Jira that part when reported before since it is low impact. Which I get, but which renders that added feature pretty useless since you need about 20-30 tosses before getting a result.
    Only someone with Object permission can use the Wishing Well. So only those with permission enough to - take the item if they want to - can make a wish coin toss.
    Which is silly. But again not something which is getting a Jira by Portalarium since it's too low impact.
    :(

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Spoon likes this.
  5. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

@Knightowld, Thank you for reporting. I added this issue to the list for Development Team review, as a known issue with considerable interest in getting it fixed. See comments above for additional helpful information.

Knightowld likes this.
  6. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Kara Brae likes this.
  7. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Known issue. 38332

Separate from issue tied to Wishing Well water gathering with broken loot, 38331

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.