Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Tooltips still ticking me off.

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Kaffien, May 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    This silly graphics annoyance is enough to set a person off some days.

The best part is it only happens on the RIGHT side of the screen.

I have taken a few screenshots to demonstrate. This happens with both Nvidia 1070ti and RX580.

Here we have the shot that incites rage. the tooltip overlaps the cursor making it impossible to see the inventory.

[​IMG]

Here we have the way it should look when you hover above the same item.
    This is small, but this is like water torture to me. Slowly, drip by drip.

[​IMG]

I know you much many things to fry but hopefully this can be dealt with in some fashion. It happens regardless of location, npc, player towns, dungeons overland map etc.

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Kaffien
    Thank you. I didn't even know it behaved differently on the left hand side, and I concur - that position makes the most sense.
    Bug #: 59205.

Kaffien and Aldo like this.
  3. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

I do the crafting station on the Right as well. Just trying to pick something in the crafting screen can be impossible when these blasted tips keep coming up and covering the whole selection.

I did not know it is better on the left (will try it), but a workaround is not a fix. @Lexie

All in all, there has to be a better way to show this information. I am all for very limited info on mouse-over and then expanding to the full only when you hold CTRL. Thoughts?

Lexie likes this.
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Hmmm. I don't think everyone would be a fan (some of our heavy crafters who need to see the entire tool tip to review the stats may not like it) but it would address the problem. Or alternatively, maybe move it over so it doesn't block the items in your inventory as much. It's out of my hands though. But perhaps a toggle option to would be great :)

5. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

True, but you cannot review when the items are blocked out by the tip. I am a heavy crafter in my opinion, and the tips are in the way always, but I'd gladly press CTRL to see the whole thing as I find the "smaller" tips large and useless. I need the full info but when I want it if that makes sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.