Last Names, can we please look at the Sir Name Requirement per account?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Weins201, Jul 15, 2015.

?

Differnt Sir Names on chars

1. Na not an issues all in one Family

2. Yeah the ability to have differnt Sir Names should not be an issues

3. Willing to purchase the ablity if offered

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I would really like to be have the ability to have last different sir names for the multiple chars that come with some of the higher accounts.

I really see NO reason why there is this idea that forcing the same last names will somehow bring about the ability to ID Chars and give them some kind of accountability to the account holder and reputation.

Good or Bad the name really will NOT be the key factor to follow / ID them.

All names are Already followed and tied to accounts, so different names is pretty much irrelevant. I have a char this release that has a completely different name than previous ones but all my associates got that update automatically, and the guild even kept it.

Now I understand I could get an Ancestor account (and HAVE to attached it to a different Email) and have different names . . .

Soo how about we have an option to purchase a different Sir Name????

2. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

So does that mean once multiple char slots is implemented my friends list will.... double? triple? *groan* doesn't bear thinking about... lol
    well but putting that aside for another day...

I would REALLY appreciate being able to use different last names. However I knew up front when I pledged that was how they wanted to set it up, so my work around was to go and set up multiple accounts. So either way it falls, I'm set. :D

3. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

I Think we should trash the requirement . If your Virtue Is tied to your account then its tied to your account, we don't need a last name to be publicly flogged just because I swipe a fish on an alt my account takes a small hit ok,,,,, because Lorimus is a stand up guy he does plenty of good things to keep my account in a Virtuous + standing . :)

4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Wait until the fishing league hears of this fish banditry!

5. Duke Lorimus

Duke Lorimus Avatar

They are welcome to Attack The alt :) , I would expect nothing less than Swift justice .

Sophi and Themo Lock like this.
  6. Sir Frank

Sir Frank Master of the Mint

I would not worry about names too much. When Portalarium gets around to nailing down the naming rules, I'd bet same-last-name-per-account will be dropped.
    It only seems to be a problem because they agreed to make second and third characters available, without worrying too much about how it would be applied.
    Once they really focus on it, I don't think this will continue to be an issue.

Moiseyev Trueden, Sophi and Weins201 like this.
  7. Sophi

Sophi Avatar

8. Net

Net Avatar

Oh, you mean surnames, right? This thread got me confused:)

I would like unique identifier for account, but if you want truly independent character, you should buy new account. It is that simple. It ddoes not matterr whether characters on the same account are identified by surname or handle or ID, they will always share the reputation and cannot be independent.

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

My point EXACTLY so why are we required to have the same surname, and yeah sorry for the misspelling

10. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

On a related note, I hope it is possible for different players to use the same last name. In RL surnames are shared by many families, so this should be possible in-game as well.

Quenton and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

In the Immortal Adventurer tier in the Founder era you have this perk.
    "Last Name
    Get your last name early! Experience in battle leads to Notoriety, but unlike ordinary adventurers, Immortal Adventurers will have the right to select and display both a first and last name right from the get-go!"
    Which implies that last names are not given but earned through game play.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  12. Kytail

Kytail Avatar

Sorry to dig up old threads, but this seemed an appropriate place to ask my question:

So, I see that Last Names are available on the character select screen (according to Player Instructions at least). But I don't see any info about the Last Name being required. So, my first question is exactly that:
    Are Surnames required at this time?

Secondly, will they be required at release?

Or maybe a better question altogether: is there another thread I haven't found where this is all covered and could someone point me in that direction?

Many thanks.

Oh, and hi Spoon! *waves*

Moiseyev Trueden and Ice Queen like this.
  13. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

No.
    My avatar in game is just "Spoon".

No.
    The devs have said that if you don't want one you don't need one, but if you do want one you got to earn it. Pledge is one way.

In the last hangout someone asked again about names. The answer was the same.
    We get our names in the tier order that they let us in, ie, same as land rush tier order:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/lot-selection-sequence-process.11466/

* Hands Kytail a mug of spiced mead. *
    Cheers for new adventures with new adventurers.

14. Kytail

Kytail Avatar

Awesome. That's excellent news. Another question marked off my list!

Thank you!

Ice Queen likes this.
  15. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

Wait. I thought we can pick our surname a bit earlier than the landrush. It possible that someone else can choose the surname I was hoping to use already? That would really suck, especially since I designed my CoA around my (now possible) Surname.

Ice Queen likes this.
  16. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

Yeah its always a possibility that you might get sniped. Hopefully, it won't happen, but unless its REALLY unique someone else might grab it first.

Ice Queen likes this.
  17. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Copy & paste this link:
    Code:
    https://youtu.be/JLLe6fTYYAA?t=3371

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  18. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

I cant watch Youtube out here. Will try later tonight.

I do have an issue with this if true. Its one thing with the landrush. Have no problem there. Was clearly set in stone. But a name? I have been trying to use the same surname since I first joined (think release 5 or 6). Now, let just say I stayed with my original citizen pledge. Someone who upgraded five months ago could all of the sudden take my name. That doesn't seem right.

One of the original rules for creating a CoA was to make certain no one else had a similar CoA before submitting yours. I even put in thought for each color in accordance to the virtues I hope to uphold and use when decisions are required. I tried to get my CoA in as soon as possible to guarantee the design.

It just seems to me that name selection should be more associated when you actually joined rather than linked to the "landrush"

I doubt someone will choose my surname before I get a chance, but some peeps who have more common name may find themselves in this situation and begin thinking this way.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  19. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

some people claim that without the requirement to keep a sirname across all characters, there is an accountability concern, and bring up pvp reasons. - i just don't see it as an issue.

personally, i'd like to be able to add different sirnames to my toons, for rp purposes. some of the more fun-with-RP i've had was different characters on the same account, looking for each other and just having the bad luck of never crossing paths.. or one running from another due to some history they have between them.

some people claim that pve accountability is important based on your decisions to have allies in certain camps - but i do not see any reason why a secondary character should be forced to have Ally A instead of Ally B, based on their own actions. both characters would still have full accountability of their own actions/loyalties.

Moiseyev Trueden and Ice Queen like this.
  20. Moiseyev Trueden

Moiseyev Trueden Avatar

There is no rationale decision for it beyond that is the intention of the designers. Unfortunately, there is currently little reason to believe it will change, so keep your eye on good sales to pick up an extra account if you are wanting different names or characters that can RP different philosophies.

ThurisazSheol and Ice Queen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.