Last Names, can we please look at the Sir Name Requirement per account?

Discussion in 'Avatars & NPCs' started by Weins201, Jul 15, 2015.

?

Differnt Sir Names on chars

1. Na not an issues all in one Family

2. Yeah the ability to have differnt Sir Names should not be an issues

3. Willing to purchase the ablity if offered

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

I personally like the surname idea there is honor in a name.
    I don't care if you use one character to pick pocket and another to fund for a charity.

In staying that I agree with Spoon my characters name atm is Sci I want to make it easy for people to Whips me i want my signature to be nice and short and I don't want a long draggy last name hovering over my head that takes up half some one else screen...

At Release I would like to have Scifell Paradoxius as my characters full name with Paradoxius being on my other characters as well.
    But I would like:

1: The option to turn last names off from Viewing them in game hanging over people

2: I want people that trade with me just to sign their first name (make it nice and quick)

3: People that whisper me should just be "Scifell (whisp): HI" and not "Scifell Paradoxius (Whisp): Hi"

4: When I whips some one I would rather want to type their First name/Last Name instead of their full name (lets face it who want to type my name >_<)

5: I (again personal opinion) would like their Last name in my Friends list (with a drop down to their First name) so that I can just double click the last name and it whips the person no matter who he/she is on it will also clean up the friends list again I don't have (John Smith, Jack Smith and Sam Smith) * 20 fore all my contacts

2. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I would go so far as to say that I think SotA as a whole would be a better game if last names were just completely stricken. I'm regularly thrown off by walking around and seeing people labelled by first name/last name.

When you walk around the real world, you don't think of people by saying "that's Phil Johnson, that's Rose Dawson". You just think "that's Phil, that's Rose."

If someone wants to add a last name to the name everyone calls them, make it part of their "name", one field.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
  3. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i don't think i was clear enough in my last post, so here's a little more.

that is basically the way it is working now - the 'name' field allows for spaces.

once the naming system actually gets implemented, i could see it working like this:
    character1: asks for firstname lastname
    character2: asks for firstname
    character3: asks for firstname

i'd like the option to:
    once in the game, character2/3 can choose to drop their lastname from view of others.
    *HOWEVER* - i'd like a way for people to find the sirname associated if it is via a context window when you rightclick the player or their nameplate (in group, or friends list, etc), alongside a way to "friend account" instead of just the character.

this may be an issue though - but i don't see why this can't be a thing, if you already have that person on your friends list.

4. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

Having a last name field encourages a last name though. I originally had a last name in the earlier releases - until I realised I could have only a first name if I wanted.

5. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

having the field for the last name, can link to a lastname field in the db easier, and i'm sure thats how they'll do it anyway for surname.
    but i think how it is, visually now, is better. not really showing a preference either way, and not forcing the issue in any direction.
    if having a seperate field is the way they go, i hope they don't make the lastname field a required field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.