Launch Telethon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Humbert_Humbert, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

By month the monthly live sales get much more revenue in than the quarterly. The quarterly also cost more man-hours to make.
    If you want I did a summary in a post somewhere which I could dig up when not on the phone.

Jack Knyfe and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

They said from the day they told us the launch date that they won't change anything about the development cycle nor about the post mortems.
    There is hardly more to say about it tbh.

The moving of all shop items to the coto vendors isn't hiding and has nothing to do with RMT. It's the fulfillment of a promise of LB that at some point everything will be obtainable in game.
    This whole stuff isn't even remotely connected to the RMT. Or you and i have a very different definition of RMT.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So much drama simply because they're dropping the word "telethon".

Elwyn, Verit, Kabalyero and 4 others like this.
  4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I thought „kickstart“ meant „get the project started“. But even if I‘m wrong, I‘m not surprised or put off by continuing fundraisers. No one forces me to watch the livestreams or to spend $5 to get digital rewards. If other people buy stuff that makes the game more fun for them, I benefit from that.

5. Womby

Womby Avatar

When the streams were quarterly, they were not focused on any particular release. They were simply about fundraising, and hence were called telethons.

Now that they accompany each monthly release, and focus on providing information on that release, they are called postmortems to more accurately convey that intended purpose.
    Yes, they still raise money, because if Portalarium wasn't able to raise money they wouldn't be able to continue as a business. Unlike some games, with Shroud of the Avatar you are never coerced into contributing more money. There is nothing that can be purchased that will make you a more powerful player. Someone who simply buys the game and buys nothing else can be just as powerful, just as quickly as someone who owns a keep and regularly spends money in the store.

6. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Closing thread, as we've answered the question, which is that we will be continuing these "Postmortems".

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.