Lava fishing questions

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Stabbath, Apr 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Did a search, and been watching fishing vids. Still not sure about a couple things so asking here.

Got my fishing skills up to unlock lava fishing finally. So, went to Blackblade Foothills, since I recall seeing lava there by the imps. Have my lava rod equip and either worms or minnows. Can't find a place that lets me fish. Guessing it's either too shallow or my bait. Can you fish there? If so, what region of map? Is there a certain kind of bait that is required? Gem lures maybe? If so, npcs sell them? What crafting skills are needed to make them? Thinking alch. and maybe something else? Carpentry? I don't want to blow scrolls to teleport to hop around to tables to see. Not sure if I have all the recipes either.

Also, what are the items gathered from lava fishing used for? Besides decorations. Anything? I figured since it was rather time consuming to unlock, it would be of importance, or at the very least I could make good gold off of it, so been gradually raising the skill since playing.

Thanks for any info.

FrostII likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You have to fish in lava with gemmed lures since gems can withstand the heat. I'm not sure of all the recipes that came in but lava fishing will have recipes. Also trophy fish can be caught. I have heard that more is coming too for fishing. Also we do have contests too that give good prizes. I'll check if the recipe for the lures is teachable and write back here.

The alchemy merchant sells the recipe for the lures. It is not teachable. There are two kinds Gemmed Lures and Heavy Gemmed Lures. So alchemy makes the lures.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    FrostII and Jaesun like this.
  3. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

Thanks a lot. Did they change the bait thing? Read another thread, someone said they fished in lava with worms, but didn't catch anything specific to lava fishing. Caught standard stuff. Guess this was a bug.

4. Stabbath

Stabbath Avatar

ack. 100 gem frags each and iron ingot to make one lure (or is it a batch like arrows?). hmm. not sure this is going to be worth it. Better off using the iron and frags elsewhere or selling maybe.

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The Gemmed Lure recipe makes 10 lures. The heavy one makes 5, just FYI.

Also what is unknown, is if the heavy lures actually do provide a bonus. Probably better off just using the regular one.

Also the Passages have lots and lots of crystals to mine. http://sotawiki.net/sota/Passage

mollyjaal likes this.
  6. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I've been lava fishing at the sunless barrens. Nice place. watch out for the lava though. getting too close burns. Had to use purify a few times while there :D

Oh and yes, I was a goodly distance from the lava. Some area's it seems you just have to get close to fry ...

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

While Sunless Barrens doesn’t have many lava fishing spots, after going through them you can go to the shore and saltwater fish for a while.

There’s much more lava fishing spots in the Oracle Colossus though. Have fun getting through that #%&$ jump puzzle, and falling into the lava...

majoria70 likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well and to note. Fishing was just recently added to. Lot's of areas to improve on as in balance and descriptions of bait and things. That discussion would be great and if we could get @Bzus to check out some of the crafting and fishing threads. We do not hear from him and Chris says he is the one to address these things too but no word from him anywhere that I've seen.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  9. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

thanks for the post I have created a Video hope it helps

Geaux likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.