Let's talk about... sneaking!

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Girolamo Scarlatti, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girolamo Scarlatti

Girolamo Scarlatti Avatar

Hi!
    I have trained and tried both skills from the Moon magic school and Subterfuge to gain some sneaking.

Now i'm able to run or stand still with a sneak of about 50% (subterfuge) and a 0.xx % with the Moon magic spells. Mh, alright.

I've also discovered that if i cast another sneak on myself while already sneaked i become completely invisible (but this seems possible with just the stationary skill).

My question is... all this seems great for pvp, hiding and spying but once i tried to use those skills against mobs i had a surprise.

Do they work at all? :D Wolves seem to see my character within the exact same radius.. things are A BIT better during the night but well.

So, am i missing something? Does the sneak amount (around 50%) increases with the skill level and can eventually reach 100% with things going better, or maybe not?

Anyone out there more expert than me in such abilities? :) Thanks.

Alley Oop likes this.
  2. Gix

Gix Avatar

Unfortunately, whenever Stealth works or not is based on the scene that you're in. After many days of frustration, I came to realize that stealth isn't computed at all in a lot of the Novia scenes but, somehow, work in a few Hidden Vale scenes.

This is obviously a bug.

3. agra

agra Avatar

Well that explains a lot. Like how it has never worked for me (I've never(?) stepped foot in Hidden Vale) but others claim it has worked for them.
    That's... well, not sure how that one got past QA. :(

Ice Queen likes this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

I don't remember having this problem before so I think it's a R26 specific bug. Then again, prior to R26, I used to spend a lot of time in Hidden Vale so...

5. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

It worked fine in R25.. used it consistently..is Broke in R26 Im sure it will be addressed in R27..

4EverLost likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Is that because you don't know how to get to Hidden Vale? Well in case you don't just take the boat by ardoris on the the map by clicking on it. I do most of my early leveling in hidden Vale and besides Owlshead is there which I usually go to train and sell things. ;)

7. agra

agra Avatar

Oh, I know how to get there. There's just no reason to go there, story-wise, from what I saw in R26, trying to stick to the story.
    If I was a new player, though, there's absolutely no indication of it's existence anywhere in the game, strictly following the story, from what I saw. Maybe I missed something, but that's how it went for me.

Ice Queen and Mordakai like this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I was just curious because I started in 2013 and there was only Hidden Vale. Novia was not created or in the game. Also Wizards Rest, our town is right next to Owlshead. I am not really following the story that much though at this point in development but that's cool, however you like to play is great.:)

9. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

You could use it going up the hill to Hilt too for the hat tour in 25 so wasn't just Hidden Vale where it worked.

Ice Queen and Fister Magee like this.
  10. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I noticed the same thing, I hope someone has reported this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.