Lets Us Craft Patterns of Armors We Can Already Craft.

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Shift, Sep 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shift

Shift Avatar

So I wear a Bronze Epic plate Helmet obviously because of the stats. I absolutely love the way Steel Bucket helmets look. It would be nice if you would allow us to craft patterns of Armor/weapons that we already know how to craft. I want my bronze helmet with the good stats. But I want it to look like a steel bucket helmet because it would match my plate heraldry armor. It would be a great way for people to customize their look even more. These Items and tech are already in place. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to implement. So how about it? @DarkStarr @Chris @Lord British

Jaesun, Alioth and Sirius Sternwarte like this.
  2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'd really like a multi-level process for item appearance.

Patterns would affect the base item appearance (mesh).

Component used would affect base color tint. Eventually paint or enamel would go over this for plate/chain, like dyes affect these color areas for cloth and leather.

Another layer to apply sigils and symbols could be used on most items as well. This would be where things like Founder's, Benefactor'', Knight, etc can go, but also Heraldry, and eventually things like maker"s marks for GMs. Moving this from pattern level would allow these to be used on a much wider variety of objects.

Alioth likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.