Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lighten up already! (Light sources are a shady bunch, aren't they? ;)

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by zyxe, May 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

Hello,

I'm having a lot of visual difficulty with the light sources. I returned to Owl's Nest Mines for the first time in R42 and, wow, the torches cast light about 10 feet maybe and then pure darkness. My brightness settings haven't changed and are typically brighter than standard, and if I turn the game brightness up further it will wash the graphics out during the day (it doesn't seem to be an issue with gamma settings either, just an overall darkness issue).

Overall, the game is getting too visually dark and sadly it's putting strain on my eyes. Towns also have such limited lighting that they look pretty poor at night unless a player has put all available light sources out, and there are far too few street lamps on roadways, in my opinion. There were a few moments in various maps at night that I thought were cool, but even then I found it way too difficult to move around, fight or accomplish much of anything even with my light spell on because only being able to see a few feet in front of you isn't very useful.

Is there an expectation that all players put XP into night vision?

In positive terms, I want to be able to see and use the beautiful game you've created even during the night or in caves :)

These are just my thoughts. I've seen some discussion in other releases but it seems the darkness has returned, even grown, in R42.

Thanks for reading!

Lexie and Numa like this.
  2. SabeSr

SabeSr Avatar

Dev's are predominantly male who by nature love darkness since most women are unable to tell the guy they are flirting with is really ugly and fat in low light scenes, less light = better chance they score... sad but true and subliminal... don't blame the male dev's they don't know they are doing it subconsciously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.