Living statues and caryatids

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by redfish, Apr 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redfish

redfish Avatar

I was thinking about the chest mimics that were being added to the game, and what other forms a mimic could take on.. and I'm sure there might be some interesting ones, but the ones I've thought of are kind of boring (barrels, crates).

On the other hand, I think something interesting to add to the game would be caryatids and living statues.

The D&D monster manual had caryatids, which basically describe statues that function as columns,

[​IMG]

And of course, you can find examples of real caryatids on the web, although the ones from Ancient Greece will often be damaged,

[​IMG]

Something I've enjoyed about Path of Exile is the statues that come alive. These are called Guardians, I believe, and I think the lore is that they're animated by pieces of souls. They're either stone statues, or gold, in the case of statues in the temple, and are of different sizes, from life-size, to huge,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The life-size ones tend to be more common, while the huge ones are there to give the player more of a challenge. They stay still on their platforms, until the player passes by, and then they become animate.

Time Lord and enderandrew like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.