Load Times

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Maurier, May 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maurier

Maurier Avatar

I am sure this has been mentioned before but these load times are pathetic.

My rig is decent and play all the latest games and mmos and do not have this problem with other but if you cannot load a map in under a minute you need to rework this badly.

2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

minute!? I have not yet encountered anything that loads that long. Are u sure its not just the stuck loading bug??

3. Maurier

Maurier Avatar

I am still loading into Blood River Outskirts and posted this thread over 2 mins ago. Task Magager reports 35% CPU Usage and 5.3GB of Ram on the exe running, that is terrible. I would hate to try and load a city OMG!

Honestly I will give it a go but this is just downright unplayable load times.

4. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Is it stuck at 98% or 99%?

The RAM usage is kinda normal. Why is that terrible? RAM is there to be used.. I dont get it when users complain about the RAM usage..

5. Maurier

Maurier Avatar

yea was stuck at 98%. I dunno I started just yesterday only did not seem so bad in the starting area.

6. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

This is a bug that they are fixing ASAP. It stays stuck at 98-99%. Do not give up the game just because of a small bug that will be fixed :)

Solution: Exit the client and try again, if it is still stuck logout. Start on world map and try to change your settings to beautiful or max settings.

7. Maurier

Maurier Avatar

Operating System
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 58 °C
    Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
    RAM
    8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8H67-V (LGA1155) 27 °C
    Graphics
    IPS206 (1600x900@60Hz)
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 31 °C
    Storage
    931GB Seagate ST31000524AS ATA Device (SATA) 32 °C
    111GB TOSHIBA MKNSSDCR120GB ATA Device (SSD) 32 °C
    3726GB Seagate Backup+ Desk USB Device (USB (SATA)) 31 °C

For reference: It is installed on the SSD.

8. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Did you check the solution I posted?

9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Not that it has anything to do with level load times or the 98% bug, but it is a really good idea to have more than 8GB of RAM, especially since they haven't been working on memory usage optimization yet. Even 12GB is an improvement.

10. Maurier

Maurier Avatar

Throwing more RAM at something is often not the best solution. The GPU & GFX RAM is what matters in gaming most. There is no way these gfx should be topping out an NVIDIA GTX 760

What you want for gaming setup is:
    1) Good GFX card
    2) Good Processor (i5 and i7 work identical for gaming as both are 4 physical cores [i7 uses hyperthreading and without going into details, is not used in gaming). Though the latest gen could help.
    3) SSD
    4) Set up windows to never use extended memory, never hibernate(as this holds space on your drive) and set extended memory to 0.
    5) Enough RAM to execute the program.

Ram is far down on the list and as long as you have enough to run the program any extra is literally a waste and going unused unless you plan to run crap in the background.

For example: I use 8GB in my gaming rig since it only ever runs one task; the game I am playing. But I run 16GB and and i7 in my development rig since I am running a Database, IDE, Web services, Multiple windows& tasks as well as building code and deploying to the web service. All those tasks make use of the i7 hyper-threading since it needs to process more tasks at once and if everything is running at once it uses ~10+GB memory.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    majoria70 and Feeyo like this.
  11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It's not "throwing" RAM at it if it really does need that much. And you can't compare it with games that don't allow arbitrary player objects. Most games can pre-combine and pre-optimize objects to improve performance. Not so when players can throw hundreds of random objects into the scene and change them at any time.

Remember when a megabyte was a lot of memory in a computer? I remember with 48K was a lot. The requirements will never stop increasing.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello and Welcome @Maurier. This game is still intensive loading as mentioned depending and where you are. If you are loading into an area with player housing loading all those house decos and stuff takes more time but they are working on it. Try to change the settings and Don't play the game on fantastic lower your settings. Also still post your system for others to comment better to you. This game has a ram requirement of 12 but imo 16 is even better. I have 32 and I don't have load times that are unusual for this game. The map does take some time to load, the devs are aware of map issues and some areas just don't have a map yet.

I am Majoria in game if I can ever help please whisper. It is very nice to meet you. If you don't have a place to stay feel free to hit me up in game for free room so you don't have to use your bank. That is such a waste imo when you could place some chests and get the town amenities too so you can relax and just enjoy the game.

Also don't forget to friend players for use of how we fast teleport in this game. I accept all friends list. And also don't for to use the looking for group by using alt f and the zone key to /z to hear zone chat especially on the novia map. I try to say hello occasionally as I pass through that map. Your friends list is the f key, the emotes are the o key and you can /wave to others as well as right click their avatars to see options.

Get in the habit to leave combat to regenerate health and focus better by using the z key. Anyway so much more tips we can share along with recipes and emotes we can trade lots of them to you too to save gold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.