Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Locked Door's permissions limited to 10 is an issue

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Hornpipe, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Hello,

I just figured out that I was not able to give access permission to open a locked door to more than 10 people.

Of course, in a house, 10 people is probably a lot (except when you want to organize a private event, maybe). But in a town, it's not. And to access a town, one could imagine to limit the access with a door...

I'm wondering why there is such a limit (it doesn't seem like it's a performance issue as long as it's just a list of names).

@DarkStarr

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

maybe its because they assumed that the party hoster would open the door to let people in.. and close it once all arrive.. or open it for each guest rather than expect to add 100 names to a list

Hornpipe likes this.
  3. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Just hope they can change this ? @DarkStarr as it's going to have potentially damaging effects for my hopes in Kahli which is an open PvP area and the ability to allow as many people as I choose to be able to open a door locked for security reasons is pretty fundamental. Honestly this game is so frustrating sometimes.

Hornpipe likes this.
  4. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

When a locked door is open, you can't go through it even when it's open, if you have no guest permission, at least.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    Barugon likes this.
  5. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

I agree with Gorthyn. Similar to his plans, I set up a safe haven in the open PvP POT Kahli, to which I would like to grant every character that has roleplayed friendly interactions with my guild access. I constantly have to throw people that have become less active off the doors list to replace them with others. Please let us know if there is a different solution to this problem. Basically, there's a good 25 people that I'd like to be able to open the doors, even when there is no-one from my guild around.

If someone could explain the whole door game mechanics to me, I'd also be grateful. I seem to have changed a setting lately that won't even let people step through an opened door if they are not on the list. This is also useful, especially for private rooms, but doesn't fulfill the purpose of most rooms in said building, which should be accessible by everyone as soon as someone opens the door. I think I might not have figured this out correctly yet.

Hornpipe likes this.
  6. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Do you have the same problem as me with a random spawn location in your town ?

7. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

I think that is by design for open PvP towns, so that you cannot so easily be ganked upon arrival.

Hornpipe likes this.
  8. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

It's relatively new. It didn't work that way for a very long time until a very recent release. And as a side effect, the menu which allow open PvP POT owner to chose the spawn location seems to be useless, now.

But, yes, I guess that if a group would want to kill every people coming in the town, it would be a problem. It's just that this solution is relatively dirty, as long as you spawn completely randomly, sometimes very far from the houses.

9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Ah, my only experience with locked doors is that they couldnt be opened..

Hornpipe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.