Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Longer Buff Durations Please

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by The Banker, May 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Banker

The Banker Avatar

I think by now we have all seen what a marvelous job Kevin Wells did on the triceps and underarm of our avatars.

But perhaps it is time to replace the 15 second uppercut with a more reasonable / yet still effective demonstration of our design team's talent.

I would like to recommend a minimum 1 hour duration of all major buffs (Light, Stances, Air's Embrace etc).

2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

No!

Senash Kasigal likes this.
  3. Moussaka

Moussaka Avatar

I was thinking/ranting about that just recently while playing with my friends. Having to cast several buffs every 1.x minutes is starting to get more and more ugly.
    Is there any balance reason or other benefit when my strength / health and dex buffs etc. only last some 1.x minutes instead of several minutes (like 5 or 10)?

I was used to 30 min/1 hour buffs in my last MMO. I liked the fact that players had reasons to ask (and even pay) for other player's buffs, adding more socializing/economy to the game.

4. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

We do have buffs that last durations. Blessings 9 hours, 4 hour food, 2 hour food and you can eat 2 foods of different tiers so the amount of focus, dex, strength can be substantial from these things. Well I never wanted our buffs rotating or our potions rotating in our decks but now they are there for strategy reasons, you select when to use and if it is a buff or skill that you need access to more often then lock it and make different decks with different things of importance locked. Yes it is not necessarily what we are used to but so far it is what we have. How we use it is up to us. We do have some choices to make now. ;)

5. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

15 second or 12+ minute buffs?

[​IMG]

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  6. The Banker

The Banker Avatar

That is a good point. 2 shrine effects, 2 food buffs, obsidian potion buffs, skill buffs, stances, shields, utility buffs, all with their individual icons and timers that change position when you cast them.

Trying to locate which buff is expiring in the middle of combat is like playing Where's Waldo.

+1

Many buffs can not have their duration increased. Aetheric Feedback, Defensive Stance, Fortify Defense to name a few.

I like the uppercut too but the duration change is really for the best

7. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

We do have buffs that last durations. Blessings 9 hours, 4 hour food, 2 hour food and you can eat 2 foods of different tiers so the amount of focus, dex, strength can be substantial from these things. Well I never wanted our buffs rotating or our potions rotating in our decks but now they are there for strategy reasons, you select when to use and if it is a buff or skill that you need access to more often then lock it and make different decks with different things of importance locked. Yes it is not necessarily what we are used to but so far it is what we have. How we use it is up to us. We do have some choices to make now. ;)
    Edit

You can also have 2 shrines buffs at once. :) We are missing resting bonus from sleeping in beds or logging out in beds in homes, inns, camps etc. :)

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How do you get it to last that long?

9. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Make yourself a buff deck and set as alternate. Str, Dex, Int. The 5 stacks vary in strength and duration based on your attunement.

Barugon likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The duration on the tooltip doesn't change for any of the skills I tried but the actual duration does. Thanks for the tip.

11. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

I agree with the OP. I spend so much time refreshing buffs on my melee character during combat that I barely have time to attack. It sucks all the fun out of combat for me. I would prefer much longer duration combat buffs that work like food or devotional buffs, where I can cast them all at once and not worry about them again for an hour or more. Someone else suggested applying a focus penalty (like with pets) for each buff with no need to refresh (like a toggle on/off) and I'd prefer that method over the current system of having to constantly refresh them, really anything to remove the distraction of having to constantly manage buffs during combat would be an improvement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.