Looking for a good farming scene.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quinn Zorich, Jul 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinn Zorich

Quinn Zorich Avatar

I am looking for a 4 skull area that would be good for farming XP as well as melee NPCs. Archers and mages are ok 1v1 but I get destroyed when it's the 3 v 1.

I like the gold also from selling rusted weapons.

Thanks!
    Clay

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

@claybwagner
    So... Serpent Foothills USED to be the wet dream for these parameters... 4 skull mobs that were purely melee and always dropped halberds (175 gold base sell). The Serpent foothills are still good for experience in that range, maybe even better, because the mobs now use 1h maces (their damage is neutered, compared to halberds) buuuut those maces rarely drop and when they do it's a base sell value of 50. They still drop gold so it's not entirely a waste, and it is good and easy experience.

At the moment undead mobs are bugged in terms of being able to loot them (how often this is happening seems to be varying depending on scene, but it's happening universally with undead mobs) so I don't recommend messing with anything undead until that gets fixed.

Cordelayne and Time Lord like this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

Try Naryad Woods ;)

claybwagner and Time Lord like this.
  4. belijaal

belijaal Avatar

I'd suggest going to Serpent's Spine Foothills too. The gold gains per hour have been nerfed dramatically but that has happened pretty much everywhere.

5. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Serp Spine foothills is still good if you farm everything....not just the mobs. Trees you get borers that is good money since we have no clue what they are gonna be for yet. Gather up all the other resources in bulk and sell them. Hides sell good. Meat. Ore. You can make that circuit several times before you get emcumbered. Spiked clubs dont sell well....but they still are worth something. Not the mega millions in gold but it works and the xp is good.

6. Quinn Zorich

Quinn Zorich Avatar

Thanks everyone!!

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

This part of your post is untrue. yes they are bugged but still can be looted

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

Considering you have to relog to loot them... they effectively can't be looted. Like seriously, PUH-LEEZE.

fonsvitae and Time Lord like this.
  9. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

Try standing there doing nothing after the kill for about 45seconds - 1 min. You can now loot. Congradulations

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

I can't say as I've had that experience. They remained impossible to loot until I either relogged or they disappeared. Either way, the advice to avoid undead mobs for the time being is sound as I sure don't want to hang out for a minute with my thumb up ma rear waiting for ma shinies (or lack thereof).

fonsvitae and Time Lord like this.
  11. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I have heard that the only get bugged if you try to loot them while the cursor is blue. Wait for it to turn green. I haven't had a chance to use that information yet, though.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

+1 on Serpents Spine. The money isn't as good as it once was but as a lvl 67 melee/earth/moon build I still "farm" there for xp, gold and resources.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

We found that one person in a party can loot what the others cannot, and vice versa. It is a silly bug, but having a group seems to the best workaround right now.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

If you are mostly looking for resources, rather than mobs, I've been using Ferig's Camp in Norgard recently. One camp of undead (large skeletons usually, sometimes skeletal mages), one of kobolds, lots of animals, maple and nightshade in abundance, and a merchant in the scene to offload junk to. Not nearly as good as SSF used to be, but better than some others.

Time Lord and claybwagner like this.
  15. Black777Lodge

Black777Lodge Avatar

For 4 skulls I'd like also to mention "North Brightbone Woods" -no skeletons, so you don't have to suffer the current looting bug.
    Look out for the camp in the south-east, with the "Katana" Mobs (Kind of a Champion dunno the exact name).

Possible to make approx. 100k XP in one hour.
    The Katana two hand swords that unfortunately drop not on every killed mob, can be sold for 50-70 gold each.

discipleofweb, Stundorn and Time Lord like this.
  16. Jyskall

Jyskall Avatar

The Champion was buggy in R42, only got the Katana every 3-4th champion. Now it drops nearly every time, but be careful, they got a lot of archers and some Mages..

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Black777Lodge

Black777Lodge Avatar

Jea forgot to mention that there are some add's :eek: beware of them, further the respawm seems to be as well very unpredictable (which is good imo)

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

They just fixed Undead looting

discipleofweb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.