Looking to settle in the Hidden Vale? Please consider the PRT...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maeryck, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maeryck

Maeryck Avatar

I don't know if this is the right place for it, but the town I settled in is too empty.
    In an attempt to draw in potential settlers, I wanted to give an overview to save you a loading screen and let you know what's behind this bundle of houses on the worldmap.

Greenfall

Greenfall is a PRT, so there's no governing player and no risk of losing your plot.
    (This does certainly not mean I think POT's are automatically unsafe to place)

Let's start with the location.
    Greenfall lies in the middle of the Hidden Vale, those who travelled the Vale have certainly already passed it a few times.
    If you don't know how to get to the Vale, just click the boat next to Britanny (right above mu head in the screenshot)
    [​IMG]

It's dab in the middle of the Vale, on the crossroads between Kingsport (where you enter from Novia), Owl's Head and Braemar.
    [​IMG]
    Everything in the Vale at a short walking distance away, including the boat back to Britanny (dab in the middle of Novia).

When you enter Greenfall, you're greeted with a large open space.
    [​IMG]
    The town center is right behind that castle in the distance. If you look closer you can see the white houses with red roofs. It's a long walk to get there, but then again: loads of cities and zones have you making a long walk. As a guestimate, it's about the distance you have to travel from the Ow'l Head entrance to the Fire Lotus Tavern following the road.

Closer to the town center, we see all the amenities you need.
    [​IMG]
    Alchemist, Blackmsmith and Adventurer Trainer in the buildings to the left.
    Bank, Craft Vendor, Craft Trainer and all crafting stations in the buildings to the right.
    If you want to leave town, the closest exit is over the bridge in the distance.

When standing on the bridge looking back, you can see the Town Crier and Public Vendor at the pier on the right.
    [​IMG]

And last there's a tavern with pretty lights at night.
    [​IMG]

So if you's still looking to place a lot, either specifically in the Vale or yet undecided, please consider the village of Greenfall. It's on a solid location on the world map, and it has every NPC you need in the town center.

PS:
    - If you like this sort of PRT, but you want a forest biome, you might want to check out Littlecreek near the Owl's Nest mines.
    - Yes, I know this is all pretty blatant, but it's pretty unsettling to live in an empty town, so I felt I had to advertise.
    If anyone else wants to advertise their own lonely PRT (or POT) for would-be settlers, feel free to use this thread.

2. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Good overall view of the town. There are several PRT in the Vale that are pretty much empty. Kingwoods is open too but there are no NPC vendors there. Its pretty much just open lots. I will have to make a run to Greenfall and check it out. Like i said in another post elsewhere there needs to be more done by the dev team to build up the PRTs or else no one will want to live in them.

Leelu, lollie, smack and 4 others like this.
  3. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Real Estate advertisement done right. Bravo!

4. kennfusion

kennfusion Avatar

While my home is in Eastmarch, this is a great brochure for Greenfall.

Leelu, smack, Maeryck and 1 other person like this.
  5. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~There's allot and lots of lots~:D
    So many of we who have pledge and add-on store lots... we have multiple lots, which will go up just after all the land rush ends.
    I think it will be a very special thing when we see the first player in game gold purchased lot be placed.
    I'm really looking forward to reading those posts about how players have done it all "in game" :)!'
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

6. Fain

Fain Avatar

Are PRTs ever going to be uncloned or will they forever be as they are now? I'd imagine that eventually they'll all fill up just because people want player housing. It just may not happen during the land rush.

7. Azur

Azur Avatar

Greenfall was my backup choice when I placed. It is very well positioned and I had a great lot picked out if my earlier choices didn't come off. There are a few others in Hidden Vale that are the same map including Littlecreek which is not far away. These all share a map with Northwood and (presumably) other npc towns. The interesting thing is in the centre of the town they all have different centre-pieces. From memory Greenfall has a big tree, Littlecreek has a fishing monument and another one has a huge bonfire.

There are some fantastic lots in this map including a water lot out of the way and some great views of the river. The only downside is everything is a bit far from the entrance, unless you are recalling.

8. MasterThief

MasterThief Avatar

Just moved in. Looks nice and cozy. You'll see my first home just inside the front entrance. Excellent marketing! I look forward to setting up my crafting stations and vendors.

9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Every town is supposed to get a uniqueness brush. They won't change dramatically, the lots won't move, but it should develop its own features. Also PRT's are supposed to get some vendors as I recall.

Leelu, lollie, Maeryck and 2 others like this.
  10. Lord Gorynych

Lord Gorynych Avatar

Welcome to The Hidden Vale, the best place to live!

Leelu, lollie, Maeryck and 2 others like this.
  11. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

reminds me of the * New Beautiful large cities in China[ edit] that are ghost towns] . Almost as eerie.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  12. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

There was a lot of land rush panic that if you didn't get the perfect spot, life was over. But I think people are going to happy in a lot of these cities.

Hornpipe, Leelu, lollie and 4 others like this.
  13. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I can see that for the Story towns, agreed.

----

However the Suburbs ? I've wandered through a large number of them, and the "uniqueness" of them is namely defined by a single plot of land next to the Town Crier which is different for each scene.

For instance: There is a burned out treehouse in one, a well in another, a flower garden in another. One of the swamp towns has a rock where you actually harvest emerald shards.

I am a bit concerned that actually might be the extent the devs have time for. The rest will be a reliance on the towns-people themselves to place different houses to make the town distinct.

It is sort of like in real-life where "This town has the largest ball of twine!", but otherwise the towns all look the same. :)

14. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

This looks great, though I am a softie for Breamar... I'd rather live in yours! When I grind up to buy an in game house I hope there's a vacancy! :) I'm starting from scratch, after using all my arrows I now have a rusty sword and am starting the skeleton grind from day one! I'll be ready in about... two weeks? LOL

THE HENDOMAN

15. Arathil

Arathil Avatar

I placed a house here, it looks great! I'm a little concerned how far the exit is though.

Update: Actually, the southern town exit isn't too far away if you are in the city center.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  16. Maeryck

Maeryck Avatar

Welcome to all new settlers, :)

I live in the small edelmann house to the left after crossing the exit-bridge, but mostly hang around at the crafting tables when I'm in town.

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  17. Arathil

Arathil Avatar

I'm on the other side from you. It would be great if they would add a teleport NPC like they do in Ardoris to get people to the town center quicker. I doubt most folks are going to take the time to run all that way in.

I know when I first looked at Greenfall, it looked empty with the exception of one Citizen house on the right as you zone in. I wasn't going to place my house here. I'm glad I took a second look.

Where do I get scrolls to teleport me back to my home? Seems like there should be a spell that doesn't cost for that.

Leelu, Maeryck and Time Lord like this.
  18. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Patience as the game gets more "Completed" and goes live, there will be more people which will need more space and towns will get more populated.

Leelu, lollie, Maeryck and 1 other person like this.
  19. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Greenfall is indeed a pretty template.
    There are many good PRT's in the Hidden Vale for those looking to settle there, and still plenty of room. :)

Large PRT's
    Forewind
    Greenfall
    Little Creek
    Port Titan
    Shady Copse
    Umber Heath
    Westhollow

Small PRT's

Holtrot
    Kingswood
    Northshire
    Owl's Wash
    Ravensend
    Right Inis
    Southmarsh Village
    Valemark

Island PRT's via Kinsport boats

Brave Coast
    Estercove
    Port Mirren

Leelu, Maeryck and Time Lord like this.
  20. Arathil

Arathil Avatar

After taking a look at Littlecreek, like it was suggested in the first post, I decided to move my lot there. I couldn't resist getting the first lot as you zone in. Although I do like the town center areas of Greenfall, Littlecreek, running all that way to get in/out isn't very fun to me!

I love trees and Littlecreek has a lot of them.

Leelu, Time Lord and Maeryck like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.