Lot selection question

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Lord Stein, May 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Stein

Lord Stein Avatar

I got wind of the game about a year ago and jumped in. As a long time ultima fanboy, I started at citizen, went to knight, then to Lord. I was so happy and exited!
    Then I added a knight pledge for my son. I was gifted a founder pledge to make both my pledges founder! All was good in the world! Then came the big changes. They let me combine my pledges and goto Lord Marshall, and I kept ancestor on the second.(which I have upgraded to citizen). I had no trouble with the splits and changes. I'm curious, now for better lot placement can I buy a RF small pledge and add it to my Lord Marshall? or how do I add a monetary value to my pledge to get a higher placement? This whole lot placement seems suspect. The system seems corrupted by all the people buying small RF accounts and upgrading them. If I knew that I would have done that. Or If I still can I will. Im not as happy as I once was, because of new players buying RF accounts and upgrading to large pledge tiers, I goto back of the line. And I know I missed out on kickstart so I don't expect to go first, but....
    I think a lottery system would be better. Or auction the lots for real cash... (bring in more cash for development) Or let everyone buy a RF tag, and just have a huge land rush so its fair. That is all..Hate on me if you wish. Either way I am here for the duration. :)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I wouldn't hate on you of course. I am just a founder by someones generosity since I was a few months too late. Player owned towns in my opinion have changed the land rush issue for many. So I do not know what that will make the land rush feel like. There are hmmm well over 100 player owned towns, some are really big. I am not sure how that will play out. I have a town lot and a village lot and I'm in a player owned town and part owner in fact. So I will probably use both lots for the town and perhaps for others who need a place. It is just difficult to know at this point. I am happy to have a place to live. I guess I just don't want to worry about it, but I'm know others do worry about it and that is ok. Well I do wish you good luck in what you do. I am not sure about the lottery system. I think a real estate person handling the available land is best. I would think there will be some movement of housing from people leaving for different circumstances and perhaps selling extra lots , plus portalarium adding some housing. I am also hoping for a rental board. I don't know what difference it is to rent verses paying taxes, still a payment. EQ2 had town fees for some housing and we just paid it. Ok sorry I'm derailing a bit, but I was addressing viewpoints on the lottery system not being my favorite idea. And who knows anything at this point in time, but we can try to know ;)

**edited to fix spelling**

Lord Baldrith and Lord Stein like this.
  3. Lord Stein

Lord Stein Avatar

Even with all the towns, I think many players in the first few waves will grab most of the best spots, and either hold them for others or sell them for real money. Then goto
    the POT sometime later. I guess a lottery is also a bad idea. My main question was how do you add more money to your pledge? Start upgrading and stop? Or If you buy a small RF account
    and combine it, does it make the larger one a RF? Or is it too late for all that?

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You're a Lord Marshall... You're one of the top 1% of the backers, and the first wave to select Town lots as anyone who selects before you will have a City lot or larger. As of mid February there were 117 Lord Marshals.

Please consider the math when deciding what to worry about.

Lord Stein likes this.
  5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Purchase a higher level pledge on the account and the system will lead you through it.

The practice has been that smaller RF pledges can be upgraded to larger RF pledges by adding dollars.

Lord Stein likes this.
  6. Lord Stein

Lord Stein Avatar

Thanks for the reply. I don't know why I worry, It does seem silly for a person like me to worry about something like that. I am probably way to passionate about the game. I have been playing Ultima's or UO for over 30 years, and this is likely the last game I play. Easy for you to say because you are a RF lord Marshall. Im likely at the end of the line of the 117 others. My math tells me to upgrade to Baron 3. That will insure I get the lot I want, and get to Talk to Richard for a bit . All is good in the world and I am very happy once again. Thanks again for the reply.

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

More importantly, I am the owner of a player owned town. I won't need to worry about lot selection at all. For the cost of a Barony, you could have a Hamlet or a Village and remove yourself from the land rush altogether.

Lord Baldrith and Lord Stein like this.
  8. Lord Stein

Lord Stein Avatar

That's a good point. I have no time or desire to run a town. Maybe if it doesn't work out for me I could join your fine town! Dawn's Keep in the name of Lord British would be right up my ally.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.