Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Love quest in Spite

Discussion in 'Release 40 Bug Forum' started by uhop, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uhop

uhop Avatar

4/3/2017 9:41 PM
    Title: Love quest in Spite
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Could be.
    Details: I revisited Necropolis and Crypt of Avatar, got XPs, and a new task: Speak with Samael in Spite (I scrubbed all quests from my screen at a town crier). Now I am at Spite's Keg and Egg Tavern. Both Samael and Yama are here, and they indicate that they have a quest for me (waving with blue sparks), yet refuse to talk to me at all. I want to revisit Malice to test, but apparently it is not even an option now. What to do? If this bug is extended to new users, it could be a blocker.
    Steps to Reproduce: see above
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz (12) System RAM: 64369
    GPU: GeForce GTX 680/PCIe/SSE2 GPU RAM: 4096
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Linux.64.583.Date.04.02.17
    Area: Novia_R5_City_Spite
    Area Display Name: Spite
    Loc: (132.9, 38.2, 114.0)

2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

If you recieved the task to speak with Samael in Spite, that is your next step and you need to speak with him. If he says just

Good tidings, avatar. I trust your journey from Ardoris was uneventful.

You did not finish speaking to him and getting his instructions in Crypt of the Avatar and will need to return to do that. (This sequence was made clearer this release.) If he says

Good tidings, avatar. My name is Samael, and my business here is my own. I would ask you to leave me be.

you are not on the path of love quest at all. If he says

We will need help if we are to enter Malice, [your name]. Spirit talking alone will not be enough. There is a problem with entering the dead city.

you are on the correct track and need to continue to speak with him.

3. uhop

uhop Avatar

None of the above.

I will need some time to recover and reconsider my place in the world. This seems a good place as any. Thank you for everything you have done, outlander.

Well, guess you'll be leaving soon. Dead are still going to need passage, even if they're calmer now. Thanks for that, I s'pose.

Some of words are highlighted but I cannot click them --- they refuse to go to the talk window.

4. uhop

uhop Avatar

Right now I am in Spite at the tavern using build 584. Both Samael and Yama signal me that they want me to talk to them, yet refuse to do so. It is clearly a bug. Either they should continue the quest with me, or stop signaling.

BTW, if the quest is over, is there a way to get to Malice to revisit the scene?

5. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Hmm What quest portions do you have? i have gone from having the necropolis key and hiring samael, through to just passing this stage today.. it all seemed to go well enough although very unclear in places

6. uhop

uhop Avatar

I have on my screen: "Speak with Samael in Spite". In the past I did the quest, but lost XPs and had different conversations. Now I am trying to redo it, and stuck at the end.

7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

I got to malice and talking with muriel, but, im stuck.. i also didnt like being made to go into high level pvp areas.. for my semi newbie quest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.