Loving The Game, Just Some Thoughts On Possible Improvements

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Shoobydoo, Apr 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoobydoo

Shoobydoo Avatar

Loving the game so far, but there a few things I think would be nice if they could be added to the game:

1> Ability to zoom in further on world map, as some people with vision issues (myself included) have difficulties making out the skull count on the posts at an area's entrance (plus trying to angle the camera lower to see them only raises the view above the posts so you can't see them at all instead, strange, I know...)

2> The ability to turn the camera view without turning the character itself, so for example if you had auto-run toggled, you could pan the camera around without actually changing your run direction to check for pursuit, or just for the view. (typically done with the left mouse button while the right one turns the actual character like it does already)

3> Banks should allow for money from sales in any given town to be picked up from any bank. Money, unlike unique items in different locations, is the same anywhere, so if Banks across the world are able to communicate to the point of knowing exactly what you have in how many slots regardless of where you are, they should be able to provide the coin any given bank holds for you and just absorb the coin at the other location(s) into the banking system.

4> On the subject of Banks, as you will likely find yourself gradually moving to other areas as you progress, you may find yourself having to trek back and forth due to items stored in the bank of one location just so you can use at another one. I think it would be nice for Banks to offer a transfer service (for a proper fee of course) to move your items from one location to another, with a set time frame for said items to be transported for you to the new location (meaning during said time, you could not travel to original location to get items being transferred as they would be "on the road" to the new banking location, as well as you could not add items to the bank at any location that would exceed what would be accounted for with existing free slots and the slots for the items being transported (who's slot numbers would be "locked down" in any banks interface)

5> Area difficulty progression for main storyline (this may be different depending on starting class/city?) seems a bit steep. For the courage path, you go from a 1 skull starting area, to the town of resolute, to a what...4 or 5 skull "chokepoint" to get to harvest? And when you do finish your death-run to the other side (yeah, death isn't that big a deal in the game, but you shouldn't have to do that kind of thing this early I wouldn't think) and get to your final destination, they send you to areas that you basically have to run through (depending on how much/little you've been grinding already) and hope you don't get stunned if there's an attack going on or you're dead, and turning that in sends you to somewhere that tells you right off you're not ready for yet.

Now, I understand you don't want to rush the main story, but it seems the area progression you should go through should be a tad more gradual, unless the steep progression is in direct correlation with a story-line that's too short so the progression is forced a bit fast to make it end at upper tier areas regardless of how fast it gets there? (No idea here as I haven't got that far yet)

My idea for the above is to have a given class's story stay in their prospective sections of the map progressing through at least two other 1 skull areas, before sending you through two or three different 2 skull areas, before graduating you to a three skull area or two where quest experience plus kill experience by that point should help you better survive chokepoints and higher tier parts of the story, all as part of the story's quest-line, as opposed to just having to purposely grind areas for no reason other than trying to gain levels for survival's sake just to get to where you need to go to, and getting bored with it eventually... There's just too many towns and hostile spots in a given area that are not being used (other than the occasional side-quest) that could be worked into main story that is being ignored and could really help with a more natural progression of difficulty in the story-line.

But.....then again, what do I know. I'm still new to the game and I'm sure the above has likely already been discussed and discarded for various reasons, but just felt the need to put my thoughts out there as I am enjoying the game and would like to see it do even better.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I have perfect vision and still want to go closer so +1 for this

this worked in the past... been bugging me it's gone no idea as to why I'm afraid.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  3. Curt

Curt Avatar

One possible alternative to 1)
    Give the scenes banners colours similar to how monsters have
    So the scene basically has a hidden level and its compared to your and shows green or red or ...

Jens_T and Leinad Laurelwreath like this.
  4. Leinad Laurelwreath

Leinad Laurelwreath Avatar

Yes, please!!!! I also suffer from this, i'd even prefer a tooltip showing this skulls instead of a zoom in

Yes, please too!! Money should flow between banks, maybe with a fee (like in a RL transfer)

I think i read this was coming in some of the next releases, can't remember when. Maybe the previous point could be included too

A bit steep? It's a nightmare :) Hopefully some new sidequests will be added soon (new quest writer is being hired this weeks) to help with this progress. It really kills the game from a single player story-lover perspective, we must be patient

And most important, welcome to New Britannia, outlander!

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  5. redfish

redfish Avatar

Makes more sense to me actually if money from sales were picked up from the vendor you got the sale on ;) But we're going to get a mail system some time soon, and I suppose it would also make sense if money payments were made through the mail system.

Vladamir Begemot and Retlaw like this.
  6. Serena Strangelove

Serena Strangelove Avatar

Shoobydoo, I am a new player, also really loving this game - and prefer using the LMB to turn camera view (and RMB to steer character) while moving.

Lord Halvard Fimbultyr mentioned above that it used to be in the game, so perhaps they inadvertently removed it when fixing something else. May we have it back, pretty please? :p

Also, as an aside -- there is far too much moaning, retching and vomiting in Soltown! :eek:
    When in the Inn, I have to take my headphones off, it's too often and too gross :(

Stundorn and Cordelayne like this.
  7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

What? You don't like hearing the sound of pixel toons retching every few seconds, lol? ;)

8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

3 actually makes a lot of sence and could probably be fixed in 1 second making it like add on store content that is universal to any bank.

Stundorn likes this.
  9. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@Shoobydoo very good points

Welcome to New Britannia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.