Lower tier group content...

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by tableclown, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tableclown

tableclown Avatar

Right now, every zone I go to T1-T3 so far hasn't really had much monster density. Meaning, all the content so far has been soloable and if I were to group up, I would be hurting myself.

I think there should be lower tier areas, maybe mini-dungeons that have more monsters/faster respawns to provide a place for lower "level" players group up. Otherwise, there really isnt any reason to group early on.

Maybe have a rare drop to find a "key" which grants you and your party access to a dungeon.

Could be anything really, just some area, that allows low tier players to group up and prosper that doesnt interfere with the current zones.

Gorthyn, Spoon and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

if you group up move up to a higher tier and take advantage of harder content and get more experience from the fights.

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yes, very needed. And not a rare drop, but just low level party content.

4. Lars vonDrachental

Lars vonDrachental Avatar

I think the main problem with low level dungeons is that they get quite fast uninteresting for the too strong avatars but I guess the devs could maybe adapt the challenge dungeons somehow and create a dungeon with more or less separated areas…think of an scene that is build out of connected layers and the more down you go the more difficult and challenging it is.

E.g. an abandoned mine that is filled with undead zombie-miners with a zombie-foreman-boss at the end. By breaking a collapsed wall with some explosives in the level 1 boss room you open the passage to the next level of the mine.
    At the entrance of level 2 you still find some zombies but more and more skeletons appear until you reach the final stage room with the skeleton mining chief and his guards forming a wall of shields to block a breach...at least until your group appears.
    After defeating them you step into the breach to enter level 3. Beyond the breach you enter an ancient crypt that is filled with (flesh eating) spiders and of course a large mother spider in their nest. The dying mother spider is tearing the nest and opening a hidden path.
    Still in some kind of crypt the area of level 4 is filled cages and laboratory equipment where maybe once the spiders must have been kept for experiments. Between these remnant items some mechanic creatures are moving with a large continuously new enemy producing automata as stage boss.
    In the loot of the dead automata can be found a key to a large factory gate that is leading to level 5. The ancient crypt is getting more and more mossy and is filled with all kind of aggressive plants and a huge deformed and still “caged” treant and below his roots is the next passage.
    Shortly after entering level 6 the mossy stops and is more and more replaced with icy coldness. Ice elementals are roaming the corridors and in the final room is a sealed ice daemon…

Or a successful siege with weak soldiers (T1-T2) at the outside just guarding the now unused siege engines but you have to follow the trenches and so it takes a while to reach the broken city gate. Entering the plundered town you find more advanced enemies (T3-T4) and you have to find a passage through the destroyed settlement and finally the strongest enemies (T5+) are waiting in the aristocratic area were they are plundering the wealthiest citizens.

The weaker avatars may need a hint (e.g. signs) that enemies bejond a specific point might be more difficult and not suitable for them. This way a dungeon could stay a longer time interesting and even if the enemies at the beginning might be hardly worth mentioning they could be still a good way to warm up the group play.

Another possibility could be that there is e.g. a huge kobold factory and at the entrance of the factory you have a adjustable switch and by adjusting the switch you chose the difficulty of the scene…maybe 1 to 9 representing T1 to T9 enemies. The devs would create once a map and more or less just adjust the spawn regions, damage of traps,...
    I think the mechanic to dynamically switch the teleport destination is already there (lunar rift) it has “just” to be change to work on avatar adjustments.

majoria70 likes this.
  5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yeah, it might just be an early difficulty balance thing. When I was first playing well over a year ago Soltown Catacombs was hard for 3 of us.

With a fresh character since the early difficulty nerf the catacombs were easily soloed after finishing the Solace Bridge Outskirts.

6. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

You are through the tier 1-3 in a few days, why bother? They are there to learn the game mechanics, not to dwell in for month...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.