Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Lunar Rift Madness...

Discussion in 'Release 25 Bug Forum' started by Raven Swiftbow, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

1. Title: Lunar Rift Madness
    2. Reproduction Rate: unfortunately, I am not sure
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: I recreated a character on my 2nd account and was working through some of the quests. This character started out as a mage. As part of the quests I was following, I was told to return to Solace Bridge. I did so. Fought a bunch of zombies and skeletons, found the missing child.... Was going to leave and decided to go through the lunar rift, since I was close to it.
      - The rift took me to Blood River! [the battle]
      - I thought, 'oops!' Turned around and took the lunar rift there [at Blood River] - it took me to Isle of Storms!
      - At that point, I thought okay, bug report time... And then I thought 'Hmm, I wonder if I can zone to my house from here...' - And I could!
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Use the lunar rift at Solace Bridge?
    6. User Specs: N/A

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Were you expecting to go to Owl's Head? Lunar Rifts were changed back in R24 (?) to have their destination depend upon astronomy. Right now there are three destinations (the initial new character start locations) that rotate. Note that five of the eight stones are fallen, I'm expecting that they will link to future locations in E2-E5. The Owl's Head rift is now the oddball by being fixed to Solace Bridge, and it also does not have moon phase markings on its stones.

The tooltip over the rift will also tell you where it goes.

3. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

I knew that the tooltip told you where it would go - indeed, when I took the rift initially (assuming it was going to take me to Owl's Head) and it took me to Blood River, I tool tipped it before taking it to see if it would actually take me back to the Isle of Storms. I presumed that it was a bug because I didn't think they wanted us to go *back* to Isle of Storms after our characters were created.

Moon phase markings on the stones? Hmmm.... will need to go investigate those. I would very much like to get a handle on the astronomy in the game, but have not been able to make it to any of Bowen's astronomy meetups.

Fox Cunning likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.