Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Mail system??

Discussion in 'Release 35 Feedback Forum' started by Gairloch, Nov 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gairloch

Gairloch Avatar

My neighbor in Brekken Bay and I have been kind of helping each other out with collecting items. They need wolf meat and I need bear meat. They're a carpenter and I am a blacksmith. We try to keep in communication with each other when we are on at the same time. However my neighbor is on the east coast (Boston) and I am on the west coast(San Francisco) so times don't match up. We both agree that a Mail System of some sort would really be helpful. Helps us to send messages to keep in contact and possibly send items back and forth. I was watching some reviews on U-Tube the other night and players were commenting that Shroud was a more community based game than old UO ( btw Garrett UO was awesomeee!!) and if that is your intent then a mail system and some improvements in the Chat system are my recommendation!!

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Gairloch. I believe chat UI upgrades are coming in Dec was the last I heard. I'm not sure of the plans for it, but I am really looking forward to it. Also the mail system has been mentioned on threads many times and the last comment from Darkstarr was this:

Violation asks:
    when will you get a mail system to make it easier to send items to other players!

Darkstarr answers: Sometime after Q4.

There were some players who were doing a make-shift mail system in the game at one time. But with chests, trunks, dressers etc being able to have permissions added to them you can really create your own mail system pretty much. You can use blank books or note pads to leave each other notes. Just have people have a public mail chest, well you get the idea, it is really late here so hopefully I make sense ;)

3. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

+1

Workaround (what would Spoon do):
    If you put Blank Paper out as decoration on your property with correct permissions then anyone can double click the Blank Paper - write something and Publish it. (Once per paper).
    You can also set decoration permissions on a container object which allow Deposit (Public) but Withdrawal (co-owner), so that people can put stuff in it but not take them away.

So if you and your neighbor both set out a container and a bookshelf with Blank Papers then you are pretty much set to go, as you can put stuff into each others' container and write notes to each other on the papers.

Good luck

4. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I also heard rumor that a "functioning" mailbox deco might be in the works... ? But I don't think whatever function they ever come up with will turn into instant or near instant transportation of goods anywhere in the world.

Leelu and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  5. Gairloch

Gairloch Avatar

Put it in the other window at the bank ....with a deco mail sign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.