Mail

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by ConjurerDragon, Dec 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

I did quite a lot of mail deliveries to get around and earn some coins and my opinion/feedback about the mail system is:

- that the mail system should be expanded to include all cities. Currently the POT´s are generally left out and the Town Crieers there only answer that their settlement does not get mail and one should ask in the next larger town. When the carrying of mail is an incentive to get around and get to learn the overland map and the cities then the POT´s where most of the players have their homebase ought to be included;

- that the bloody Town Crier should FIRST tell us where the local or regional mail needs to be delivered - sure it´s to get around but sometimes I want to go somewhere and would like to take a package with me to deliver "on the way". Handing out mail and only then telling to where to deliver that mail seems like no normal person would be willing to. "You need someone delivering mail? Where to?";

- Create the ability to fetch more than one package, e.g. by receiving a recipe for a magic mailbag of volume +1 as a reward for having delivererd 100 single packages of regional and another 100 of local mail-
    When I enjoy delivering mails I´d like to plan my own little practical path of delivery just like the Pony Express (when delivering mail across the desert around Desolis I certainly feel like someone from the Pony Express in the Wild West) or Postman Kevin Costner and receiving only 1 mail hardly makes me a postman...;

- pay a bonus for overseas mail delivery,

- add premium mail that needs to be delivered within a set time for higher fee or spoils without pay when not with a virtue and faction (Town Crier) hit;

- disable teleporting while carrying mail - currently blinking and teleporting is already disabled when you are over encumbered. Now, when delivering mails is supposed to be a way to experience and memorize the overland map and the target cities then the simple reason is that some packages, especially including those containing living creatures (e.g. fly), latently magical ingredients or magical items can interact with the teleport spells and cause the widely rumoured transporter accidents that many are far to coy to risk;

majoria70 and that_shawn_guy like this.
  2. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Mail back in my day consisted of each POT (or a person's house plot in a NPC town) to have a Mail crate with permissions added so the mail player would grab the mail on his route and drop off any mail for that city. None with this automated stuff back then! Players even had special roles in the mail system! :D

ConjurerDragon and Adam Crow like this.
  3. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Guess you had to go up the hill against the freezing wind in a blizzard in both directions of your way, too? [​IMG]

4. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

:). No. It was around 2014/15/16/17 ish. Not that old with dinosaurs and the invention of the wheel.

5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Hah I forgot about that! The good ol days!

ConjurerDragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.