1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Make dungeon and basement entrance patterns interchangeable

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by redfish, Nov 13, 2023.

1. redfish

redfish Avatar

It makes sense to be able to use say the Mine Basement Entrance or Manhole Basement Entrance for a dungeon, since a dungeon can be a mine or sewer. It also makes sense to use more standard basement entrance appearances if your dungeon basically services the purposes of a basement, such as making use of rooms like the Ballroom or Chapel.

On the other side of things, there's no reason why a basement couldn't also use a dungeon entrance. Particularly the dungeon entrances that resemble basement entrances, like the Tomb Dungeon Entrance and Water Well Dungeon Entrance. The teleporter ones are stranger to use, but I see no reason why not to let people use them.

I personally see no need to visually distinguish dungeon and basement entrances, especially since this distinction doesn't exist for NPC areas, and plus you get a popup warning you that its a dungeon.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    that_shawn_guy likes this.