make multiplayer settings selectable at login and true private mode

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Doctorface, Jun 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

Well since tech is gonna be your focus,make this happen. Private mode should be private,hide players from the friendslist, local list,circumvent pvp zones (for when you guys put quests there and I have to be murdered just to LOOK at them) and give it a more private feel without having to go into the janky single player without our familiar charries. We should also be able to choose which mode we log into at the main menu instead of waiting till we are in game,though I didn't look into this too deeply so we might already be able to do this and I am famously a god damn idiot so...Meh.

Few other ideas but that's for another time

2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Yes!! private mode needs to be private!! Ive always hated that private mode and party are exactly the same.. even when it was marked as "solo" .. it has narked me there are days I just dont want to see other people, at all, I dont want them to talk to me, group with me, wave at me, friend me cos I ran past them.. i just wanna play..

Otherwise why pretend there is a party and a private mode, when if you go to private while in a party you are still in the same instance..? never made sense. Not in my world anyway

so yes, please please peoples..

Lace and Doctorface like this.
  3. Lace

Lace Avatar

We used to be able at launch get to chose the mode we were in, rather than logging in and having to swap dependent on how we last logged out. I would love to see the choice at login again rather than having to waste that time to swap because of what I was doing the day before.

I think the party/versus private mode as it is .. is to prevent the hack where folks were swapping modes to respawn boss mobs or ore nodes... I could be wrong.

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Im sure some of it is, but some of us wanna be real anti social :D

Lace likes this.
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

oh, that still happens.

6. Doctorface

Doctorface Avatar

it deffo does. I make a point of doing exactly not that

Thread Status: